Hope to spend the day at Blue Kay beach club then do some paddle boarding

flygirl2

We hope to spend the day at Blue Kay beach club while in Costa Maya in 10 days. We'd like to try our hand at Paddle Boarding. I see there's a ship excursion for this at YaYa Beach Club but we'd like to just book on our own. Would you suggest we just walk up to YaYa to rent a board and sign up for a lesson? Any other suggestions where to go to Paddle Board? thanks

How much is the ship charging you to do this paddleboarding at Yaya?

Because they (Yaya) offers the paddleboard lessons for $45 pp and you can reserve online.

They are not located far from Blue Kay, so it would be easy to do the paddleboarding and then walk down the Malecon to Blue Kay for the rest of your stay. :)

How much is the ship charging you to do this paddleboarding at Yaya?

Because they (Yaya) offers the paddleboard lessons for $45 pp and you can reserve online.

They are not located far from Blue Kay, so it would be easy to do the paddleboarding and then walk down the Malecon to Blue Kay for the rest of your stay. :)

Carnival's excursion is $69pp so I'm thinking we can spend our time at Blue Kay and then walkup to the Paddleboard place and book a lesson on our own. Thoughts?? We aren't alcohol drinkers so having drinks included isn't important to us.

Carnival's excursion is $69pp so I'm thinking we can spend our time at Blue Kay and then walkup to the Paddleboard place and book a lesson on our own. Thoughts?? We aren't alcohol drinkers so having drinks included isn't important to us.

I would definitely do it on your own then. You would save $$ and it's so easy to do without an excursion. Since Blue Kay doesn't charge for use of their place (other than they would like for you to eat/drink there) it's just a no brainer to me. I would definitely spend my day either before or after or both. Have a great time. :)

The only caveat with trying to do the paddle boarding through YaYa on your own is whether or not YaYa has an agreement with the cruiseline to only offer paddle boarding to cruiseline excursion folks, not walk ups. I have no way of knowing whether or not that's true, so you'll have to walk down to YaYas and ask once you're there. Knowing the timing of the cruiseline excursion could help. You could either go before or well after the cruisers have gone through and then there may not be a conflict.

The only caveat with trying to do the paddle boarding through YaYa on your own is whether or not YaYa has an agreement with the cruiseline to only offer paddle boarding to cruiseline excursion folks, not walk ups. I have no way of knowing whether or not that's true, so you'll have to walk down to YaYas and ask once you're there. Knowing the timing of the cruiseline excursion could help. You could either go before or well after the cruisers have gone through and then there may not be a conflict.

The ship excursion is at 9:30am so we plan to go to Blue Kay in the morning then after lunch rent the paddle boards at YaYa's. I think there's another place there that's rents them as well so we have a good game plan. Can't wait! Thanks

The ship excursion is at 9:30am so we plan to go to Blue Kay in the morning then after lunch rent the paddle boards at YaYa's. I think there's another place there that's rents them as well so we have a good game plan. Can't wait! Thanks

The simple solution to that would be to just email them from their site and ask. :) I'm sure they want to make money any way they can and if the cruise ship excursion is over with....well...

I do believe there's a dive shop or something like that right next door to one of these places (I recall reading about before when I was researching some place new to go). :)