Paid dining options on RC Explorer of the Seas?

jplee3

Hey guys,

Was wondering, for those of you who have tried, how the paid dining options are on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas (e.g. Izumi, Chef's Table, Giovanni's, Chops). We'll be on the Alaska cruise in mid-July and I'm considering reserving whatever looks or sounds good :)

Any opinions? This is my first RCL cruise - I've only been on two prior Disney cruises thus far. The last Disney cruise we were on we ate at Remy and Palo. Remy was a pretty incredible experience. I'm perfectly fine with *not* going for any of the paid dining options either - I just wouldn't want to potentially miss out on anything that is deemed worthy (aka "you simply cannot and must not pass it up") though.

Also, if we do want to do any of the paid dining options, should we go ahead and reserve/purchase in advance now? Or is it OK to just wait until we're on the ship to do it all?

One other sort of random question but are there certain days that are more preferable than others for any of the dining? Or anything more "special" about dining on one day versus another? I'm considering doing the Chef's Table experience...

Any tips, advice, or recommendations? TIA!

Edited by jplee3

Some folks have their favorite meals...but so far, I haven't found anything recently that is not to be missed!

It's no problem booking the specialties on the ship, unless you MUST have specific time and day. The specialty restaurants are seldom fully booked.

Some folks have their favorite meals...but so far, I haven't found anything recently that is not to be missed!

It's no problem booking the specialties on the ship, unless you MUST have specific time and day. The specialty restaurants are seldom fully booked.

Nice... I think the experience we had (and the amount of food we ate) at Remy was pretty darned good for the price we paid. At the very least, I'd have to argue that we got our money's worth lol.... when the chef comes out and pokes fun at you for ordering every single thing on the menu, that's a sign that you gave them a run for their money ;)

Sounds like with the Chef's Table, the experience might be great but we probably won't get to over-indulge on ordering multiple menu items. Eh, I think we'll probably skip out on the fine dining options this time around... *maybe* Giovanni's if anything. Chops doesn't seem too impressive, nor does Izumi. Unless I hear otherwise regarding Chef's Table, that's likely out too.