Bananarama - Issues

JaneAustenite

We are going to be docking in Roatan on June 29th on the Carnival Conquest. After discussing different options with our family, we decided to book 6 passes to Bananarama. When I booked, I gave the lady our info and paid for the passes. She said that they would be e-mailing us a confirmation with info on how to meet our driver and all of that. Well, that was Saturday. They charged my card on Saturday, but, never e-mailed me a confirmation. I called, they said they were busy but, they would send me the e-mail later that day. OK, fine. On Sunday, still no confirmation e-mail. I called again, according to the woman I spoke to, Victoria, their internet was out but, she would make sure I got a confirmation e-mail before she left on Sunday. Today is Monday, still no confirmation e-mail. Bananarama was highly recommended on both Cruise Critic and Tripadvisor, but, I am definitely getting the impression that they're trying to give me the run around. I tried calling this morning and no one answered. This is making me nervous and irate. They had the time to charge my credit card but not give me a receipt? Has anyone booked with Bananarama before and had a similar experience? Any advice on what to do to get through to them would be much appreciated.

Check you spam folder.

I believe the reservations come from the US.

When do you leave on your cruise? Keep calling. Might be internet might be weekend. If you don't get satisfaction, cancel and inform your CC company to delete the charges.

I did get through to them and got my confirmation e-mail. They needed me to stay on the phone with them to make sure that my e-mail address was correct, because the e-mail hadn't gone through for them multiple times. So, it all worked out.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and I had a similar issue with them. I was calling a few times and was also feeling uneasy as I was not getting my confirmation email. Much like you, we finally got it straightened out. I really believe they have email issues.

Anyway, I was very happy with my experience there as I am sure you will be too.

They definitely do have email issues. Every day since I emailed them, at their direction, I get a failure to deliver message in my inbox, something about being unable to make a connection with their server. I highly suggest calling them and staying on top of it. I got the impression that many people on Cruise Critic thought I needed to chill, but I'm glad I didn't. I got it straightened out and I don't know how long I would have been uneasy waiting for them to reply.

Yes there are frequent problems with internet and email on the island. There is no fiber optic cable running the system, I believe it's all satellite based. So that can get spotty. Holds true for most tour vendors as well. But it's good to keep on top even if you have some sort of confirmation. We always double check with any non-cruise ship vendors we've arranged tours or excursions with up until the week we leave. Some will be re-confirming anyway, others not so frequent. The last time we did Bananarama, we had contact with someone in Wyoming or Montana who handled the reservations. From your issues, I'm assuming that's no longer the case.

They are on Island Time there. Everything is very slow and they don't have the tech we have. Very different world. Someone saying a couple hours there is like someone saying a couple days here. LOL! My wife does that... she said she will be home in one hour and she comes home in three or four. We will be 90 miles away and she tells people we will be there in 5 minutes. ISLAND TIME! ha ha