after getting off the ship at the pier in san diego ( lane field )

melika091900

So we will be parking at lane field for our upcoming cruise next week

and I was wondering , after you get off the ship, can you walk to lane field ? is it too far? it looks close, but im not sure ,

can you have someone in your party go get the car, and then come back and get the others ??

just curious if anyone has done this and how its worked out ,

thanks for any info

melissa

Lane Field is a huge parking lot right across Harbor Drive from the cruise terminal; an easy walk if you have roller type luggage. Not sure if you could pick up the car and then drive back in for the rest of your party because that would depend on the security people at the gate. The sidewalk in front of the terminal is usually crowded with taxis and busses picking up and dropping off passengers. Lane Field is so called because that was the original baseball park where the San Diego Padres played before Qualcomm stadium and the current new downtown ball park - just some trivia for you from up north!:)

Lane Field is a huge parking lot right across Harbor Drive from the cruise terminal; an easy walk if you have roller type luggage. Not sure if you could pick up the car and then drive back in for the rest of your party because that would depend on the security people at the gate. The sidewalk in front of the terminal is usually crowded with taxis and busses picking up and dropping off passengers. Lane Field is so called because that was the original baseball park where the San Diego Padres played before Qualcomm stadium and the current new downtown ball park - just some trivia for you from up north!:)

s o they can probably wait on the sidewalk ? if they cant walk,

sounds like a plan,

wow I didnt know the padres played there,thats interesting thanks for that info, yeah we are A's fans here of course. :) we love baseball.

thank you for the info,

melissa

No problem with someone going to get the car and coming back onto the pier to pick the rest of you (and your luggage) up. They no longer allow curbside pick up or drop off though. Now there is an area in the center of the pier where you must go to meet anyone picking you up, cabs, or shuttle buses. The port police direct the traffic very strictly here, and won't let anyone linger long. They will direct you driver to a specific parking place for loading, and you better be right there or they will be told to move along. Drop off is on the north side of the circle, pick up on the south side.

thanks for the info splinter...

we cant wait to visit san diego,, weve never been there

do you know of any good resturants in that area for dinner ? maybe italin? or mexican food ? we will be meeting my aunt and uncle for dinner,

we are staying at super8 on columbus st..

take care and thank you

For Mexican, I would recommend taking the San Diego Trolley to Old Town. I like the Old Town Mexican Cafe. It can be a bit busy and they don't take reservations except for larger parties. I love their carnitas! There is not a lot downtown that is good for Mexican.

For Italian, there are a ton of good places to eat in Little Italy. You can walk there, or take the Trolley.

You might also want to consider the Indigo Grill. Southwestern and other influences from South and Central America. Great service, very trendy, spectacular presentation, huge portions. One of my favorite places to eat, and they do take reservations.

thanks for the info splinter...

we cant wait to visit san diego,, weve never been there

do you know of any good resturants in that area for dinner ? maybe italin? or mexican food ? we will be meeting my aunt and uncle for dinner,

we are staying at super8 on columbus st..

take care and thank you

As Splinter said, you can't go wrong with Italian food in Little Italy. Just walk along India St. and you'll find plenty of restaurants, from Filippi's (pizza and pasta) to Po Pazzo (more upscale). Another option might be Karl Strauss Brewery at B & Columbia. (BTW, your hotel is on Columbia, not Columbus.)

Or if you have more time, take the ferry to Coronado. When you get off the boat, there are three restaurants right there. To your right is Bay Beach Cafe, to your left is Peohes and just beyond that is Il Fornaio. All three have great views of the city skyline. I think the last ferry heads back to S.D. around 10:30, but double check. Even if you are out later than that, a cab back should be less than $25.

Archived