Thinking about the Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike

taylortime05

Hi,

We are on the Eclipse Dec 11. I have OBC that I would like to use for some of my excursions. I am thinking about the Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike. I'd appreciate any feedback. Is it worth the 119.00 thru the cruiseline?

Thank you for your feedback.

Forget the ship deal. Book it directly with Royston if you can. We just got back from the trip and Royston only took 3 of us and we all had a great time. He showed us private parts of the island and we got great pictures before hitting the volcano. Just make sure you are in top shape and have good shoes. This isn't a tour for anyone else. Very tough at places and not a real trail you go up. Sometimes you are walking on hands up rocks and roots. Royston however goes at the pace you need to go and carries along water, drinks and snacks. The view at the top is amazing. Should certainly do it if you are in the shape to do so. Check him out though as you will get a better tour for less money.

• 4 weeks later...

Taylortime05, did you do the hike? I'm thinking about it for our Celebrity Equinox cruise on March 3. My husband and I are pretty fit, we hike our local mountains here, but it's more hiking than rock climbing. We also kickbox regularly.

Vette96gs1, thank you for your input about this hike.

Do you get dirty/muddy? Also, did you need a pair of shoes just for that hike? My husband and I aren't planning on doing any other hiking or super physical activities on this cruise so I didn't want to have to bring a pair of shoes just for one excursion. I should note that we are not the type to wear athletic shoes as regular shoes, so we don't wear them except for the gym or hiking, so it's not like I'd have a pair along on the cruise since I don't I wear them as an everyday shoe.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Volcano Hike about 5 years Go through Royal Caribean. I belueve some lines no longer offer it, We made it to the top and saw nothing due to the extreme rain and fog. We were covered head to toe in mud. the following week, someone on that tour slipped and broke their leg. we are avid climbers and had a hard time due to the rain and humidity. be careful

• 1 month later...

hi there,

i did the hike 3 years ago.... a ton of work for not much of a view at the top. it is challenging to say the least. the walk up is very tough, but coming down with the damp ground and slippery rocks made for lots of slipping and a couple of falls. I run around 40 miles per week and strength train also so being in shape was not the issue. I would not recommend this trip.

Bedfordmom...I think we were on the same hike. It was cloudy and raining when we got to the top and though we weren't in the same tour group as the lady that broke her leg, we helped carry her down. I don't think I've ever been as tired as I was after that.

Even though we couldn't see anything at the top, I still enjoyed the hike and the scenery along the hike. I'd recommend it. You definitely need to bring hiking shoes and be careful hiking down, especially if it's wet.