Galveston

OKLandShark

Hello all,

We are driving to Galveston in October for a cruise on the Breeze. We have a hotel for the Friday night and Saturday night in Webster near NASA. I have been browsing the threads and have noticed talk about the traffic on the morning of the cruises. Our plan was to drive from Webster between 8 AM and 9 AM and find a place to breakfast on Sunday morning and then go drop off our car at Park-N-Cruise then head to the cruise terminal.

My question is would it be better to stay in Galveston that Saturday night to help avoid some traffic or would be OK to stay with our current reservation and just drive from Webster on Sunday morning(maybe just a little earlier or later)

We have only cruised from Galveston once, but we had the bus transfer from the airport that time.

Also, any suggestions for other fun things to see or do while in the area on Saturday and breakfast places for Sunday??? (We will also have our 7 year old daughter on this cruise)

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by OKLandShark

We drive to the ship from Katy and that is a lot further than Webster. Never had a problem with traffic. Sunday traffic is pretty light. Check out the Kemah Boardwalk it is really nice. Splash pads restaurants and rides. It is pretty close to Webster.

If you are staying in Webster, you should not have a problem with traffic or construction. Most of the I-45S construction is just north of Webster. Now, you should try to plan your arrival and transit through Houston as early as you can. Traffic starts backing up around 3:30-4:00pm and it's usually bumper to bumper from Beltway 8 to Bay Area exit on I-45.

There is an alternate route, state highway 146S. Will take you through Kemah, Texas City and intersects with I-45S just before you reach the Galveston causeway.

Edited by DannyMac