Seaquarium beach (Curacao) or Palm beach (Aruba)

margaret10987

Seaquarium beach is close to the pier and was Okay to go to for the day but There are many fees.$3.50pp to enter without the use of any chairs etc.The taxis come and go there.The beach is man made with a reef.Its a good place to just do nothing.The water is clear but we found beer bottles in the water.I would be careful of broken glass!It will cost you about $20 RT pp,with at least 4 people in the taxi.We will be there again in November and we are planning to go to Playa Porta Marie this time.Palm Beach is where the high rise hotels are.Everything that you would want is there.Its just a bit more crowded and be careful not to swim where the small craft come into the beach.It is a busy beach.We might suggest going to Eagle beach which is a stones throw away.All of the low rise hotels are there and its not as active.Same water and same sun!!

Thanks for the info. I really WOULD rather go to Eagle beach but am concerned about not being able to get a palapa for shade. My hubby burns easily. We will be there during high season mid-april.

That is a very valid concern. The Palapas are often reserved for only those at the hotel/time shares across the road. It is often possible rent loungers in the shade of some of the palm trees, but that does not provide a lot of sun protection.

Hank