Sheraton hotel(convention center) or Marriott

brownsugah

Depends on what your plans for the day/night are. The Sheraton Convention center is away from most everything but the Pan-Am pier where RCCL, Celebrity and (I think) NCL dock for embarkation/debarkation. The Marriott is in the Condado area basically smack in the middle of the area's nightlife and restaurants and, if you arrive during the day, it has s beach directly behind it. Both need to taxi to get to Old San Juan or to either piers.

I would without a doubt choose the Marriott. There really is nothing in the vicinity of the Sheraton Convention center. You will be a captive of the resort unless you take a taxi somewhere. Condado is a lively, excellent neighborhood. The Marriott also has a great beach.

i'll be staying one night pre cruise(rcl) in November and wanted an opinion on whether to stay in the Sheraton or the Marriott? (other suggestions welcomed) - Embassy suites was sold out and I need advice on another hotel.

Have you considered the Old Town Sheraton instead?

• 4 months later...

The conv ctr area is under development. It already has three restaurants within walking distance from the hotels. In the near future it will have bars, movie theaters, a small stage and more food choices. IIRC even a water taxi to OSJ.