Fly, Snooze and Cruise options from MCO

MagneticMags

DH and I are flying in from Toronto, Canada the day before our FOS cruise and where wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a decent (read: not a flea bag hotel but nothing posh) hotel in the area. I was looking at http://www.portcanaveralcruiser.com and noticed places near the airport as well as Cocoa Beach. The rep said that if we stay in Orlando we have the option of using the hotel facilities after the cruise until it's time to leave for the airport to head home and advised that this option is not available to the hotels in Cocoa Beach Flight home is at 2:10 pm. Do you think we would have enough time to take advantage of this option? What do you think the pros and cons of each option are? We land in MCO around 1:30 pm.

Sent from my iPhone

We stayed at the Hyatt at the airport 4 years ago when we cruised. Plan on doing it again this fall. A basic room will run about $150-$170, but the convenience is worth the extra cost. No cabs to worry about, airport food court for dinner, and catching shuttle to Port Canaveral in morning is right downstairs.

I almost called to book through that site, but decided it was too good to be

true. I googled reviews of site and discovered you need to listen to a 90 minute presentation about surf shop- check first!!

If you google fly,snooze, cruise cocoa beach you will see options.

We just booked Hampton Inn for October as we did it last year and it worked great for us.

I need a place with breakfast buffet!!

We took bus back to MCO but then stayed at the Embassy Suites Airport Sunday night-relaxing after cruise and got better price on flight home Monday. Doing same this fall.

Edited by avril4111
more info

Courtyard and Comfort Inn have the packages in cocoa beach also. Courtyard was 203.00 for R/T transfers , 1 night stay, and shuttle to port morning of gage cruise.

Also flying back on Monday!

Edited by beerman2
Spelling error

It seems like I have a different opinion than others.

We rented a cheap car and did the easy drive to Cocoa Beach after we flew in the day before our cruise. With your arrival time you could head to Cocoa Beach easily, and then spend the evening grabbing a good dinner by the ocean and checking out the area. We ate and watched the cruise ships sailaway and then went to the pier to walk around and grab a drink. It was an easy place to get around and I highly recommend it. Checking out Cocoa Beach is better than hanging out around an airport. Dropping off the car and using their shuttle to the ship was a breeze.

Edited by mtu_huskies

We usually rent a car (cheaper than a shuttle - especially if 3-4 are travelling) and stay in the Orlando area (more hotels and dining/entertainment options). We drive to PC/Cocoa Beach the morning of the cruise and use the car rental shuttle to get to the port.

Post cruise you have time to rent a car and go somewhere fun for lunch before heading to MCO for your flight home. Good luck! :)

I almost called to book through that site, but decided it was too good to be

true. I googled reviews of site and discovered you need to listen to a 90 minute presentation about surf shop- check first!!

If you google fly,snooze, cruise cocoa beach you will see options.

We just booked Hampton Inn for October as we did it last year and it worked great for us.

I need a place with breakfast buffet!!

We took bus back to MCO but then stayed at the Embassy Suites Airport Sunday night-relaxing after cruise and got better price on flight home Monday. Doing same this fall.

LOL.....When I called the company to inquire, the guy told me that the advertised price doesn't apply to me since my flight arrived an hour too late to attend some special Ron Jon resort thing that you would have to attend in order to pay the special $99 price advertised; therefore, the price increased to $199. This seems like a scam to me which is why I was going to look into different options available. Does anyone know off hand how much the R/T for the port transfer is from MCO through Royal Caribbean?