The Cloisters

weston gal

We have been to Nassau numerous times and I was looking for something different to do. I looked at Trip Advisor and came across the Cloisters. We do not dock in Nassau until 12:30pm so I thought this would work well for us. I read that we can get a taxi to take us there and then walk to Atlantis for a taxi to return. We are in our 70s. Has anyone done this? How hard is the walk?

We have been to Nassau numerous times and I was looking for something different to do. I looked at Trip Advisor and came across the Cloisters. We do not dock in Nassau until 12:30pm so I thought this would work well for us. I read that we can get a taxi to take us there and then walk to Atlantis for a taxi to return. We are in our 70s. Has anyone done this? How hard is the walk?

If it's not too hot and you're in decent shape, it's not a bad walk (it's a downhill incline). but you can always ask the cabbie to return to pick you up in an hour, or have the security guard at Ocean Club (cloisters in on their property) to call a cab for you.

Enjoy the cloisters, they are breathtaking and serene. You can pack water and grab a snak downtown and spend some time there.

We did it once when we had a day pass at the RIU (next door to Atlantis). It was not a bad walk at all and took about 10 minutes. But we did it in January when it was warm but not super hot and humid. You don't have to walk all the way back to Atlantis. There are always taxis at the public entrance to Cabbage Beach.

If you're interested, I posted a few pictures on my blog: http://www.susancrow.blogspot.com/2013/01/celebrity-constellation-two-days-too.html Scroll down to the bottom for the pictures.