Celebrity notifications

There has been a minor change to the itinerary of our Dec16 Solstice cruise - we leave Tauranga an hour later than in the original itinerary.

So far I have had six emails in two days for this change, four of which requested acknowledgment.

Great that Celebrity are advising passengers of changes but this is overkill! :rolleyes: :D

Good but yes 4? LOL! You get it you get it hehe

ETA - oooo just saw your ticker ...under 20 days now for you woop woop!! Thats countdown time how exciting. I was excited today that we're under 60 days to dep for our Sep cruise :D

Edited by to_dee

There has been a minor change to the itinerary of our Dec16 Solstice cruise - we leave Tauranga an hour later than in the original itinerary.

So far I have had six emails in two days for this change, four of which requested acknowledgment.

Great that Celebrity are advising passengers of changes but this is overkill! :rolleyes: :D

Maybe they really really wanted you to know.

In all fairness I've probably got the email address for both of us set to my email address, so three emails per passenger in two days.

Furthermore there were two different formats:

One with itinerary change embedded in the email and requesting acknowledgment - so far I've had two of these per passenger

One with an attached PDF of the itinerary change - one per passenger but I'm fully expecting another one later today.

Weird!

ETA - oooo just saw your ticker ...under 20 days now for you woop woop!! Thats countdown time how exciting. I was excited today that we're under 60 days to dep for our Sep cruise :D

Even shorter as we fly out to Perth on the 16th. Time to start getting the clothes and stuff sorted out so I don't have a last minute rush.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Even shorter as we fly out to Perth on the 16th. Time to start getting the clothes and stuff sorted out so I don't have a last minute rush.

Even better! And yes wardrobe sort time for you.

I'd love to know your thoughts on the cruise when you get back, if you get a chance to post. That itinerary or similar is on my wish list.

The weather is so wacky in Australia atm. Hot Sydney, snow Hobart, freezing Melbourne. Its all over the shop. But I guess most of your trip will be pretty warm but not overly so in August? Nice to of year I should think.

Even better! And yes wardrobe sort time for you.

I'd love to know your thoughts on the cruise when you get back, if you get a chance to post. That itinerary or similar is on my wish list.

The weather is so wacky in Australia atm. Hot Sydney, snow Hobart, freezing Melbourne. Its all over the shop. But I guess most of your trip will be pretty warm but not overly so in August? Nice to of year I should think.

Hopefully it will be warm from Geraldton round to Brisbane. I'm hanging out for warm!

We're only getting a couple of warm days in Sydney, then it's going back too cool. Well, cold to me! :(

I'll try to post something about the cruise when I get back. If I don't, remind me!

We're only planning on doing one excursion - in Lombok. The rest of the time we'll just potter around the various ports. We hoping to catch up with a friend in Darwin, and family in Port Douglas.

The around the top sounds so nice! I would also love to hear and see some pics on how you find it.

The excessive notices sounds weird. They are probably covering themselves for those that have complained in the past that they didn't get the notice. One more hour at Tauranga sounds like a good deal! Love it there. :)

Edited by goodycruising

In all fairness I've probably got the email address for both of us set to my email address, so three emails per passenger in two days.

Was going to suggest whether multiple people had the same contact address. They will try to notify each passenger for contact details, again just in case one doesn't see the message but the other does.

Furthermore there were two different formats:

One with itinerary change embedded in the email and requesting acknowledgment - so far I've had two of these per passenger

One with an attached PDF of the itinerary change - one per passenger but I'm fully expecting another one later today.

Weird!

Yep, I was right. I've just received another email, of the attached PDF variety. I expect another one of those will turn up shortly. :rolleyes: :D

The around the top sounds so nice! I would also love to hear and see some pics on how you find it.

I'll see what I can do. ;)

The excessive notices sounds weird. They are probably covering themselves for those that have complained in the past that they didn't get the notice. One more hour at Tauranga sounds like a good deal! Love it there. :)

Yes, Tauranga is lovely. We're hoping to catch up with friends there and maybe have a potter around the Mount, or even get over to Tauranga itself for a potter around the shops. There used to be a really great shoe shop there.

Hopefully it will be warm from Geraldton round to Brisbane. I'm hanging out for warm!

We're only getting a couple of warm days in Sydney, then it's going back too cool. Well, cold to me! :(

I'll try to post something about the cruise when I get back. If I don't, remind me!

We're only planning on doing one excursion - in Lombok. The rest of the time we'll just potter around the various ports. We hoping to catch up with a friend in Darwin, and family in Port Douglas.

Super jealous!! That sounds brilliant. I love the sounds of the "pottering" sounds like relaxation. Great that you can do the combo to catch up with your family & friends.