"Unavailable" as opposed to "Sold out"

nomadgirluk

I have been keeping an eye on the P&O website for a particular cruise to the Caribbean next year. I have noticed this week that while some cabins are listed as "sold out", there are also certain categories listed as "unavailable". Is this P&O just trying to steer people in the direction of booking a grade of cabin that is proving slow to sell, or am I misinterpreting things?

I think it will be the same as budget airlines marketing - cabins are sold cheaply at first, then when a certain number are sold, they only sell that grade at full price. It does not mean that higher grade cabins are not available at a cheaper price, but may be in a less popular location on the ship for instance.

People often seem to say that single cabins and multi occupancy caboins in school hols sell very quickly, so I doubt they would give offers on them for long. Sounds logical to me, but I suppose they could release some more cabins at early saver rate in the future - that is the minefield that is pricing nowadays!

Just recently, our cruise next September, there were some amazing early savers, but now the price has changed and they are nearly the same as we paid on Select, but the Select price has gone way up, so I guess they sell a few off at the low price, then see how it goes.