How far in advance are shore excursions posted?

cruisincdns

My DW and I are booked on the Grand departing October 2, 2014 on a 15-night Hawaiian Island return out of Vancouver, BC. Approximately how far in advance before Princess publishes their hosted shore excursions on the Cruise Personalizer? Thank you in advance.

You can look at the excursions that are generally offered for each port on the Princess site. But they won't be available for booking until the contracts for your sailing are confirmed.

If you've booked a while before the cruise, you can see which ones interest you and print those out and have them handy. The price may change or may be the same. Keep an eye out for the email that will tell you the excursions can be booked (usually about 60 to 120 days ahead). Most likely most excursions are not going to sell out the first day available (others will usually get the word at the same time as you). We booked our last cruise the week of final payment, and then we started discussing possible activities (the same cruise two years before we didn't do any excursions but we decided we might this time). Among the three of us, we came up with two and had no problem booking them, maybe two months before the cruise.

Generally they're available 90-120 days in advance but once had tours available nearly 11 months in advance which is rare. I'd suggest booking as soon as possible because I've seen them increase before sailing by as much as twice the original price. Tours can be cancelled onboard up to about 36 hours in advance without a penalty. They're paid for onboard unlike some cruise lines that require payment when booking.