Wheelchair accessible excursions-St. Kitts & San Juan

mamawsnest

• 3 weeks later...

I just got help on this over at Holland America's segment of the forum. I was told to call the cruise line's activity desk and ask which tours are handicapped accessible. A person also told me there were rental wheelchairs with big balloon wheels for the handicapped at some beaches. I'm going to ask the activity desk about that. What cruise line are you going on?

HAL's activity desk/excursion help # is 888 425 9376

On St. Kitts I would contact Thenford Grey. It sounds Sis could handle the few steps into Tenford's van. He is a tremendous individual, very knowledgeable and very good with disabled people. Dudette has MS and needs her chair, he had room for it in the back of his van and when we were at the Fortress of Brimstone which is rather inaccessible, unbeknownst to me while she remained in the van he drove her around to all the places that he could in the fortress giving her her own private tour.:) I often try to find Thenford when we return to St. Kitts and say hi to him.

I can't recommend anyone in San Juan but I can tell you that a fair amount of it including the forts are accessible.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

I was in San Juan for a cruise and saved the taxi driver's contact info who drove me to the airport in a wheelchair accessible van.

Pedro

787-536-8181

Edited by Oliwa19

• 3 weeks later...
I was in San Juan for a cruise and saved the taxi driver's contact info who drove me to the airport in a wheelchair accessible van.

Pedro

787-536-8181

Oliwa19, do you recall if his vehicle had tie-downs and whether it was one of the tourist taxis or a private company? Thanks!