Transportation from Miami to Fort Lauderdale

oars

Because of health problems we have not cruised for awhile. We have just booked a cruise with Celebrity and have air to Miami instead of Fort Lauderdale. What is the cost of a cab from Miami airport to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale?

We flew into Miami in May and cab quote was from 3 different drivers at 70.00 to 75.00. No one even close to 38.00 or 45.00. We ended up taking the super shuttle from Miami airport to Bahia Mar Hotel in Ft Lauderdale for $62.00 plus tip.

:) We are looking into cruising out of Miami in Feb. 2008 on Celebrity or others and cheapest air is to Ft. Lauderdale.

Have Questions on cheaptest and best way for 2 adults:confused: --

1. Should we book hotel in FLL for day before cruise with free

airport shuttle and then get shuttle to MIA the next day

for cruise -- looking to be in FLL around noon.

2. Should we get shuttle to MIA and book hotel in MIA with

free shuttle to port the next morning?

3. What should we do for our return flight out of FLL around noon - cheapest and best way to get from MIA to FLL??

Please send all helpful information on names of shuttles and hotels.

Thanks!!:cool:

Wow--I await these answers. this description above fit me to a T. We are flying into FLL and leaving the next morning on the Valor out of Miami. I did decide to stay in FL at the Sheraton. The next morning we will get a ride to the Port of Miami. We are flying into FLL as there were better times and it was less money. BUT, I am leary of trying to catch a noon flight out of FLL back to Phoenix...that might be cutting it close. Your scenario is just like ours...

:) We are looking into cruising out of Miami in Feb. 2008 on Celebrity or others and cheapest air is to Ft. Lauderdale.

Have Questions on cheaptest and best way for 2 adults:confused: --

1. Should we book hotel in FLL for day before cruise with free

airport shuttle and then get shuttle to MIA the next day

for cruise -- looking to be in FLL around noon.

2. Should we get shuttle to MIA and book hotel in MIA with

free shuttle to port the next morning?

3. What should we do for our return flight out of FLL around noon - cheapest and best way to get from MIA to FLL??

Please send all helpful information on names of shuttles and hotels.

Thanks!!:cool:

Personally I would do the #2. Although I love staying in Ft Lauderdale I would just take the shuttle from the airport to MIA and stay there for the night and next day until time to go to ship. I know shuttles have been priced at only $18.00 per person from FLL to MIA. Not sure if this was to port or if price would be same to hotel in the area. I cant really be of help on the return as far as port to FLL. I do know that from Miami airport cab is about 70.00 or 75.00 and Super Shuttle was $62.00 to Ft Lauderdale hotel so if Super Shuttle is available from port it shouldnt be more than $62.00. As far as departure time I would think that 12 noon wouldnt be too early since the time from MIA to FLL shouldnt be more than 45 mins on a weekend.

You might want to start a new post and request help from Bequia as she is the expert on all of your questions as far as names of shuttles, times,

cost, etc.

:) Thanks for your help. I have re-posted for Bequia but as yet no word from her. Hopefully she will see soon as we need to decide as the other couple is ready to book.

Again thanks to everyone for your help

Archived