Victoria- walking to China Town

I guess you'll get several answers here, and of course it depends on how long you have, how fast you walk, and how tired you get. :p We lived in Victoria for 35 years and then moved away, and actually went back there for a 6 hour port stop three weeks ago. We walked the DT area and were excited to be back. It was a nice evening.

As you exit the cruise terminal, turn right and walk along Dallas Road to Oswego Street, turn left and walk toward town away from the ocean; in my opinion this is the most direct route to the Parliament Buildings on Belleville Street, and it took us about 20 minutes, I'd guess. Chinatown is definitely further, perhaps another 9 or 10 blocks from there (Government and Fisgard), but definitely walkable. You could certainly grab a cab back to the ship.

My additional advice is that you know there is a shuttle bus service to the "downtown area"; I think tickets were about $10 USD each, return. As I said, it is very walkable and on a nice evening you will be glad you walked. Many people took the shuttle buses but I believe it's because they thought it was a lot farther to town. It isn't really. ;) You might enjoy walking there and taking a cab back if you get tired, but I think you'll enjoy your time there enough to walk both ways.

You can easily google a map of downtown Victoria to see where I am talking about.

Have fun. :)

The walk from the cruise port to the legislative building and the Empress Hotel is easy, level and well marked....it will take in the range of 15 to 2 mins. The walk to China Town from the Empress is a short 10 min walk along Government St. if you don't stop to shop and some of the unique stores along the way. I should warn you that Victoria's China Town is rather small but here is a link to a self guided walking tour.

http://downtownvictoria.ca/sites/default/files/mysteriouschinatown_e.pdf