St. Maarten Harley in Paradise Tour

The dealer has rides/rentals.

http://www.harleystmaarten.com/

As does this excursion outfit.

http://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/StMaartenHarleyinParadise.htm

Which I believe is the ship excursion provider.

And I think shoreexcursioneer dot com offers one but it may be linked to either of the other two.

May I be so bold as to ask if you're an experienced rider and will be bringing along all your safety gear?

2 people having a wonderful time on vacation died recently while on a rented moped in Cozumel

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337695

Thanks for the concern....very experienced riders and helmets are included in the rental.

Still wondering if anyone else has done any of these excursions to get some info on the bike quality, maps, overall experience.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion back in 2009. They gave a map and some advice on navigating the island. It was our favorite excursion since we had the freedom to go where and stop we wanted to. DH is an experienced rider so we had no issues. They called a taxi when we were done. We toured the entire island and stopped for a couple hours at Maho.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented a Harley from the dealer in St. Maarten twice and it was a good experience. I rented from the HD dealer which was a good experience. The only draw back is that the Island is small and not so good for a Harley. I never got the bike out of 3rd gear. Basically rented bike went to beach and back on bike. Island is not good for harleys. This is only my opinion. Rented in Cozumel, which is a very good place to rent a Harley. Went to very secluded beaches. You can go 60 or 70 miles an hour which is not possible in St Maarten. Going to St Maatten in June and I will not rent again. Maybe you should try it since its your first time.

• 8 months later...

Just wondering if you all ended up renting? We are going in two weeks and have reserved a rental for the day. Debating on joining one of the Tours the dealer offers. Concerned about safely leaving the bike, some boards said theft and stripping of bike parts is an issue??? Also, others have commented on lots of unmarked speed bumps that the tour guides know about. Hubby is experienced and we ride regularly. Can't imagine the island is tougher to ride than the Tail 😁 But laying down a bike while on a cruise would not be cool.

We did rent bikes and had a great day!!!! We rode all the way around the island and stopped at many places, no issues at all.

This is something we would do again for sure..

One thing that was a bit tough is the map we were given wasn't the greatest and things are not marked really well so we did miss a few places we wanted to stop had some great unplanned stops!

NDCruisers too....may I ask if you rented from the Harley dealer or through the st maarten excursion company? My husband and some friends (all experienced riders) are very interested in doing this. I see the Harley tour is $350pp whereas the st maaarten excursion company is $181. Big difference but not sure why!? Thanks!

NDCruisers too....may I ask if you rented from the Harley dealer or through the st maarten excursion company? My husband and some friends (all experienced riders) are very interested in doing this. I see the Harley tour is $350pp whereas the st maaarten excursion company is $181. Big difference but not sure why!? Thanks!

We went through island marketing, never had any issues, great price. Would use them again if ever did this tour or any other tour we may be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums