4 night cruises

First time cruiser here! I have seen a lot of reviews on the weekend cruises but not a lot on the shorter week day cruises. We are leaving on a Monday afternoon in May and getting back on Friday morning. Since our departure is at 4:30, will there be food available when we board the ship or will we need to wait until dinner? We are probably not going to purchase drink packages since we don't drink alcohol. Are beverages (tea, water) available all the time or just at meal time?

Also, i don't see anyone talk about the shows in the theaters. Are they not worth going to?

Edited by Staying Focused

First time cruiser here! I have seen a lot of reviews on the weekend cruises but not a lot on the shorter week day cruises. We are leaving on a Monday afternoon in May and getting back on Friday morning. Since our departure is at 4:30, will there be food available when we board the ship or will we need to wait until dinner? We are probably not going to purchase drink packages since we don't drink alcohol. Are beverages (tea, water) available all the time or just at meal time?

Also, i don't see anyone talk about the shows in the theaters. Are they not worth going to?

If you tell us the ship, we can give more specific help.

Generally, the buffet will be open from around 11:30m to just before muster drill. Depending on the ship, there may be more food venues available.

We have sailed on 4 nights many times. It is like a 7 night crammed into 4 nights. More relaxed than the 3 nights. We enjoy the shows that are the same professional level as the other ships in the fleet other than Oasis and Quantum class.

Edited by Scotty G

Yes there is a 24hr beverage station outside wind jammer to make hot/cold tea and coffee. Tap water is good. Then there is a coffee place of sorts on the smaller ships for a fee and the Oasis class and Quantum have Starbucks for a fee.

Shows range in variety and different activities and things at night.

We are sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas. The ship leaves at 4:30 on May 18th.

Enchantment will also have Park Cafe open for lunch, in the Solarium, deck 9, aft.

It's my understanding that you are not allowed to bring any bottled water on board right? What about the tervis/camelback type cups with a filter built in?

Technically, water and soda are not allowed. However, they frequently don't enforce the rule. If you bring water, I'd put it in your suitcase.

In addition to the tea and coffee, there is complimentary fruit "flavored waters" and (my personal favorite) you can get lemonade in the restaurants.

You can join your cruise's roll call and meet fellow Cruise Critic posters that are sailing with you. Doesn't look too active, but hopefully it will pick up: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116866