Celebration

Looking at doing Celebration cruise next year and was wondering what size the inside cabins are, Thomson website gives 2 different sizes, we have been on Dream and found the inside cabins great but on Majesty this year they were ok but a bit small, also would you recommend decks 1 and 2 or pay extra for decks 3 and 4, would be looking to choose our cabins midship.

Your knowledge is eagerly anticipated.

Sorry Trigger 1972 only ever been on deck 6 & 7 but have spoken with passengers who have been on deck 1 they say it's noisy and the outside cabin are a bit scary in bad weather, they said it was like being in a washing machine and its at ground level when in dock. Not much help really as it's second hand info😟

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Sorry Trigger 1972 only ever been on deck 6 & 7 but have spoken with passengers who have been on deck 1 they say it's noisy and the outside cabin are a bit scary in bad weather, they said it was like being in a washing machine and its at ground level when in dock. Not much help really as it's second hand info😟

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Ok thanks, probably pay extra for deck 4.

We have been on decks 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. Our deck 2 outside cabin was big enough for our needs, we had a porthole rather than a window. We did not have any bad weather so can't comment on that. Deck 3 cabin was same size.

We have also paid more and had a deluxe cabin on deck 6, that was much bigger with a picture window

Can't speak about inside cabins but have been on Celebration three times. Twice deck 2 and this year deck 1. All have been quite big with plenty storage space. Was on Majesty once and cabin was much smaller. It was quite funny in port this year seeing a lot of legs going past the porthole. Haven't had bad weather so cannot comment on that but would say that our cabins at the rear of the ship definitely suffered more vibration than the one we had this year nearer the middle.

Our favourite is deck 4 just down from reception. It is so handy for the MDR etc and quiet. We once had deck 3 about 2 or 3 cabins from the front. Was much bigger but the noise was horrendous - woken up by banging at 6am everyday as we docked

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fella, ;)

I am just home from being on the celebration to Dubrovnik, we had deck 1 inside, it was easily big enough with loads of storage also we did not hear or feel anything noisy, we have been upper before but found that inside midship to be best,, that is simply my opinion tho,,, oh and we met a lovely couple who stayed up top at horizons and they got woken every morning at about 5:30 - 6:00 as the ship was approaching dock etc they wished they hadn't bothered.:eek:

Hope this helps.

Cheers :cool: Wullie

Hello Fella, ;)

I am just home from being on the celebration to Dubrovnik, we had deck 1 inside, it was easily big enough with loads of storage also we did not hear or feel anything noisy, we have been upper before but found that inside midship to be best,, that is simply my opinion tho,,, oh and we met a lovely couple who stayed up top at horizons and they got woken every morning at about 5:30 - 6:00 as the ship was approaching dock etc they wished they hadn't bothered.:eek:

Hope this helps.

Cheers :cool: Wullie

Thanks for the info, how did you find the ship in general and the food only some recent reviews were not very good regarding food quality and choices, sounded a bit Thomson Gold choices to me i.e. bread and butter pudding for dessert ????

We also have only just returned, we ate mainly in the MDR and, for us anyway, had no problems at all with the food choice or quality and puddings were excellent with a could selection although I think they did have bread and butter pudding on one day but it was laced with alcohol:p and was very nice.

The ship, as many have said, is very tired but IMO the entertainment, food, staff and the general atmosphere outweighs the age. But we are a bit biased as we have been on her many times and know exactly what to expect as with all the other Thomson ships.;)

Hope you go and have a good one