Upsell Fairy Question

Ginger27

We are booked on the Freedom for January 10, 2015 in two spa deck rooms. We keep getting upsell emails to a junior suite (although none are listed as available). We see that there are still at least 12 Ocean Suites available. The amount they want is ridiculous (as far as I am concerned) but has anyone had any luck with a counter offer. I would take 2 of them if the price was right.:D

The last upgrade we got was for our honeymoon cruise in April on the valor. We went from a normal balcony to a grand suite for a few hundred dollars. I couldn't resist. Never made a counter officer though. Don't think it would work.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are booked on the Freedom for January 10, 2015 in two spa deck rooms. We keep getting upsell emails to a junior suite (although none are listed as available). We see that there are still at least 12 Ocean Suites available. The amount they want is ridiculous (as far as I am concerned) but has anyone had any luck with a counter offer. I would take 2 of them if the price was right.:D

We have been getting the same emails for our upcoming Valor cruise. There are NO Jr. Suites available on our sailing either, on Ocean Suites, and they want almost the full going rate. What a joke, if we wanted to book one at that high price we would have. Don't quite understand CCL's marketing at all!

Not to hijack the tread but....

Do you have get an upsell call or email when booked thru a travel agent?

I received both, first the call then the email. I said yes but it was a special occasion (our anniversary). My wife was delighted. I was blown away. Fantastic experience!