Beach Day- Hotel Bakoua or Hotel Bambou?

WDW Princess 71

We plan to spend a 1/2 day at the beach while in port in Martinique, taking the ferry from fort-de-France over to Point du Bout. I have researched 2 hotels on the beach there that allow non-hotel guests to rent chairs for the day- Hotel Bakoua and Hotel Bambou. I would like to hear from those who have spent the day at the beach at either of these and what you thought of it, since I'm trying to decide which one to go with. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We plan to spend a 1/2 day at the beach while in port in Martinique, taking the ferry from fort-de-France over to Point du Bout. I have researched 2 hotels on the beach there that allow non-hotel guests to rent chairs for the day- Hotel Bakoua and Hotel Bambou. I would like to hear from those who have spent the day at the beach at either of these and what you thought of it, since I'm trying to decide which one to go with. Thanks!

Never tried either, but be prepared for one hour transit time, from off ship to on beach (if lucky being the first ship to dock, and one is on the first ferry).

Ferries are not huge, with possibly 60% of the ship's guests will look to try the ferry.

Also discover how many ships are in port, and number docking before yours, as this will determine the potential length/time of the Q to depart Fort de France, then consider the Q on the return.

Think about heading North, away from cruise herds, to http://lepetibonum.com

Detailed thread link

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2434512

Thank you Port Royal. Le Petibonum looks nice but 30-45 mins each way by taxi is too far for us. From my research on the ferries to Point du Bout it says the crossing is only 15-20 minutes. Our ship is the only one in port that day so I'm not worried about crowds.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Port Royal. Le Petibonum looks nice but 30-45 mins each way by taxi is too far for us. From my research on the ferries to Point du Bout it says the crossing is only 15-20 minutes. Our ship is the only one in port that day so I'm not worried about crowds.

Don't know exactly where Hotel Bambou is, looks like it's closer to the beach at Anse Mitan.

Been to the beach at both Pointe Du Bout, which was part of Hotel Bakoua and Anse Mitan. Highly prefer the beach at Anse Mitan, which was much larger than the beach at Pointe Du Bout. It was also much easier to get loungers, plenty of them at Anse Mitan and there's a concession stand with 2 clean restrooms attached and a restaurant near the beach for food. You can not get umbrellas at either beach, but there was a small area of shade on the beach at Anse Mitan.

Ferry cost is $7 pp round trip to either beach and they do accept US$. Save your ticket for the return trip. The ferry ride to either beach is approx. 15-20 mins.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

• 1 month later...
Don't know exactly where Hotel Bambou is, looks like it's closer to the beach at Anse Mitan.

Been to the beach at both Pointe Du Bout, which was part of Hotel Bakoua and Anse Mitan. Highly prefer the beach at Anse Mitan, which was much larger than the beach at Pointe Du Bout. It was also much easier to get loungers, plenty of them at Anse Mitan and there's a concession stand with 2 clean restrooms attached and a restaurant near the beach for food. You can not get umbrellas at either beach, but there was a small area of shade on the beach at Anse Mitan.

Ferry cost is $7 pp round trip to either beach and they do accept US$. Save your ticket for the return trip. The ferry ride to either beach is approx. 15-20 mins.

Pictures of the beach in Anse Mitan

IMG_0106.JPG.9f8e3ba6dd00ba2f82e4837c761b8819.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0103.JPG.65b8fd1b04197a2fde69e3c3bc926b6d.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG.c7b426acc55f3862b28ddb3ec83e2844.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG.310f4723c7b89a3fb47ecfbb9c441e15.JPG