Carnival Fascination & Atlantis Excursion

goldpine

I am taking my children for their Birthdays on a 4 day cruise and they were looking forward to do the Atlantis Excursion (especially the water park) in Nassau. Anyhow, I just noticed that there will be 6 ships in the port that day and I am wondering if the excursion would be too busy and too much of a disappointment with so many people around? The excursion starts at 8:00 am but only lasts 5 hours. Is it still worth the money? Any advice is greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Check prices through the hotel itself, rather than thru the ship...also, try prices at the Comfort Inn next door...it gives you use of the waterpark.

5 hours, with that many folks (and remember, there are a lot of folks STAYING at Atlantis....its not just cruisers!!!) may not be worth the price.

Are there no waterparks near your home???

Yes, we have water parks, but never been to Nassau and Atlantis, kids are excited about something new. I know they wouldn't be thrilled standing hours in line though. Just wondering how packed it actually gets? Has anyone done this particular excursion?

We had a blast at Atlantis 2 weeks ago. We didn't think the water slides were as great as they are hyped up to be. There was one slide we went on about 5 times. The rest only once or twice. But the aquariums and the architecture and decor there is beautiful.

When we went there were 3 ships in port. But there were not many people at Atlantis AT ALL. We were shocked. The most people in line at a time was maybe 10-15. Some slides we walked up and got right on.

The weather was a bit windy and overcast so it was a bit cool.... Maybe that's why? Regardless I recommend it if you can get past the $180 a person!

I'm starting a review of my cruise this weekend and will include lots of pictures from Atlantis if your interested in checking it out.

Edited by 0pelletier0

• 4 weeks later...

My family went last May and we all loved it. My kids were 17 / 14 at time. They did all the rides. I don't do rIdes but I still really enjoyed Atlantis. Absolutely beautiful! The Dig aquarium was great and go to cove beach. We had plenty time to do rides , aquarium, beach, and went to several pools. It wasn't overly crowded. One tip I would suggest that we did to save time is skip out on tour as soon u see slides and do slides first. Check map our online before hand so u know where everything is u want see. I wasn't disappointed and think it was worth the cost.

Edited by kc58ab