Private tour in Roatan

rachelpauline

There are threads on this board for both Victor Bodden tours and Rony's Tours. Both are very good, very reliable and reasonably priced. Both have options for a variety of activities including a DIY "tour of the island".

Both have websites and will respond to your questions in a fairly short order.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Roatan last week, and we hired a driver through Bodden. Thirty dollars per person for the day. We had a great tour of the Island, went horseback riding for 90 minutes through the West End and on the beach for an additional $40/pp, stopped at a petting enclosure with monkeys, a lemur, toucans and macaws, etc. for $5/pp.. all Bodden activities. The driver was professional, the car was clean and comfortable (AC was cold), the horseback ride was really good, and my daughter loved the monkeys.

FWIW, we used a Juan Carlos from Islander tours. It was awhile back and my pictures of course aren't in the review anymore. He was great with our tour. We were just back last week but didn't do anything other than sit on the beach for about 30 minutes so no need for a formal anything :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1497592&page=3

My family and I will be in Roatan in Jan, first time. Has anyone used a private tour company? I'm not interested in the cruise excursions.

I've seen a few different tour company's but not sure which to choose. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want a very nice, knowledgeable person, contact Jensen Wesley.. His e-mail is jensenwesley81@hotmail.com[/email] Or call him on his cell Honduros (504) 97171656 Tell him Kenn & Ann recommended him..

Edited by Caribbean Hat

We just got back from Roatan on Vision of the Seas, we used Rony's Tour we would recommend him. We had 8 people for $25 pp we all wanted to go to West Bay Beach to snorkel, he took us to Paradise Beach Resort for an extra $10 pp it included lounge chair and the use of shower/bathroom facilities. We were very happy with Rony's Tour and would recommend.