Moscow to St. Petersburg

jklc123

In preparation for a Uniworld cruise in May 2012, I took the advice of CC posts & found a 1999 revised edition of "Russia by River" on alibris.com, used for $29. It arrived promptly & I know we'll enjoy reading through it. However, in it we noted the web site http://www.russiabyriver.com, where a newer version is for sale at about $16, as well as a new "China by River" volume.

• 2 months later...

We went on the Moscow to St Pete river cruise on Uniworld last June. It was a wonderful experience and you will have a great time.

As far as the book goes, my DH enjoyed marking time looking for the 'landmarks' in the book. We had an older copy that I had purchased from Amazon. Someone on our ship had a newer copy and it was a little different, but I think your older copy will do fine. Remember, this is Russia and change doesn't happen that swiftly.

That is actually good advice...remember, This is Russia, it isn't the US and don't expect the same things. We had a wonderful experience, but had to keep reminding ourselves where we were. Actually we were pinching ourselves because we never had dreamed of getting there~!

Archived