Ferry to Rum Point????

HippieChick02

Will be visiting Grand Cayman in December and when reading about how to get to Rum Point, everyone says that taxis are super expensive and to rent a car instead. I will already be going on an excursion to stingray city sandbar and some snorkeling stops and want to spend the rest of the day at the beach after. I read about a Ferry that goes there, but all the posts I read said that it no longer ran due to hurricane damage but all those posts were about 7 years old. Is there still no ferries? What about any other boats or water taxis? Anything?

Or... I have found that NativeWays does a tour that includes stingrays, snorkeling and a stop at Rum Point... does anyone else?

The only way you are going to get to Rum Point AND Stingray City is to go on a tour that includes both. You could do the day at RP via rental car, and might be able to get a Stingray tour from there (maybe someone else can help on that, I think they used to offer that), but if you are doing a tour to Stingray City from the dock or a company with pick up in Georgetown, you would never have enough time to do the tour, then get to a car rental, drive to Rum Point and back and get back to the ship on time.

If you definitely want to do both, you'll have to do the tour that includes them both....which is a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...