Emergency assist

Cheekyrn1

Does anyone have any experience with this insurance named emergency assistance plus??

Hadn't heard of this company before, but I took a quick look.

One important thing I noticed, at least for us, make MedJetAssist "better" (again, for us).

EA+ seems to arrange to get you to a better hospital if the current hospital can't provide suitable care (paraphrasing here).

But WHO decides?

What we especially like about MedJetAssist is that if one is admitted as an inpatient more than 150 miles from home, one can have MedJetAssist get you to the hospital of YOUR choice, if YOU want that.

NO decisions depend upon beancounters at an insurance company; no local medical staff are put in the peculiar situation of declaring themselves "not qualified" to treat you properly.

I didn't look any further.

We have EA+ through an organization my husband belongs to. It is inexpensive, about $129 a year, if memory serves. While we have fortunately never had to use it, we buy it because it provides benefits beyond medical evacuation, such as return of vehicles, return of children and/or traveling companions, return of remains, etc. We think of it as back-up insurance and it is what we rely on when traveling in the USA, along with the insurance provided by our Citi credit card. Would we use it for a world cruise (if we could afford to take one)? Probably not. But at a reasonable annual fee, we think it is worth the peace of mind.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any direct experience with them.

That is exactly why we purchased it...peace of mind and as a good backup...we have several exotic trips planned, Antarctica, Peru, Cambodia and I thought the price of EA+ too good to pass up....I did call them to verify that they will do medical evacuation from anywhere...my current main insurance does not evacuate from a "terrorist" involved country or a country with active political unrest