Does this plan sound okay?

KayJay4

Hi, I wonder could anyone comment on whether this plan for our Bermuda stay is okay?

We arrive at around 1830 on Day 1 - so just planning on looking around the dockyard area. I was hoping to walk to the sea glass beach if it was light!

I'd like to get transportation passes for the next day. Our plan is to go to the Crystal Caves, pop for a Swizzle and a bite to eat and then go to Horseshoe Bay as I have waited a long time to do this!!

On Day 3 we have a Kayaking excursion booked so that will use that day as we leave around 1600.

Can anyone help with which buses or ferries we should get on Day 2? I would be really grateful.

For the Caves, we took the first ferry from Dockyards to St George's which leaves 9:30am. We got to the pier and were dismayed by the huge long line snaking up to the ferry. People around us in line were also saying "no way we can get on" - but the vessel is deceptively small and it took everybody.

We got to St. Georges and asked where to take the bus, just as we left the gate. The guy pointed to a yellow building to the left of the gate - 150 yards (meters) away - where the bus stop is. I think there are four or five buses that goes to the Caves. We end up taking #11, confirming with the driver first. I think it's the second stop after crossing the long causeway.

It's a short walk from the bus stop to the street that the Caves are on. Turn left and walk down the street 100 yards. There is a sign at the entrance. Then it's about a 2 minute walk past some huge trees to the actual caves where you buy the tickets and wait for the next tour to start.

Strangely of all the people on the ferry we seemed to be the only ones taking the bus immediately to the caves.

We took the bus back to St. George's so can't help you with continuing to Horseshoe Bay.

Edited by toras

Bus route number 10 or 11 from St-George is 20 minutes away from The Swizzle Inn and then a 5 minute walk to the Caves.

Then from the Caves to Hamilton is a 30 minute ride.

From Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay via route #7 is about 25-30 minutes

From Horseshoe Bay to Dockyard is about 35 minutes.

If you are short on time you could consider doing only the Crystal Cave and not Fantasy cave. If you do both, the price is nice but it more then doubles the time spent at the Caves...

On the Bermuda port of call we all share the same "love" for the Island, it's a pleasure to help fellow cruisers to enjoy Bermuda to it's fullest !

You are welcome,

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask !!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

the previous posters got it right on. when we went I had the bus map with me and was able to improvise. we decided that whatever way the crowd was going to go the other. the line for the ferry to Hamilton was long but the line for st George was not . we did st George the fort, unfinished church and walked back to st George. grabbed the bus there heading back got off at swizzle walked to caves did that and walked back to swizzle had a nice meal and grabbed bus to Hamilton and ferry to ship. get the nachos at swizzle pretty good. the walk from swizzle to caves is short.

the previous posters got it right on. when we went I had the bus map with me and was able to improvise. we decided that whatever way the crowd was going to go the other. the line for the ferry to Hamilton was long but the line for st George was not . we did st George the fort, unfinished church and walked back to st George. grabbed the bus there heading back got off at swizzle walked to caves did that and walked back to swizzle had a nice meal and grabbed bus to Hamilton and ferry to ship. get the nachos at swizzle pretty good. the walk from swizzle to caves is short.

Yes it is a short walk, like a 5 minutes walk...unless you had too many Dark and Stormy or whatever your beverage of choice is ;) ...or you stop a the ice cream parlour just in front of the Swizzle Inn :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes it is a short walk, like a 5 minutes walk...unless you had too many Dark and Stormy or whatever your beverage of choice is ;) ...or you stop a the ice cream parlour just in front of the Swizzle Inn :)

that's why you do caves first , better to relax and refuel after going up and down those steps or try to do steeps either with your head loaded or your stomach.

I personally think the walk to the sea glass beach would be a little farther than you think. I just returned from Bermuda and had the same plan. We ended up buying a 3 day pass and on the first day took the bus to the sea glass beach and hopped back on the bus and explored some of the lesser known stops. A local told us that any of the beaches you see (unless clearly marked) are public. We stopped at Mangrove Bay and worked our way back.