Accra Beach

Treacher1

If anyone went to this beach in Barbados, please tell me how you liked it. This is the one excursion our cruise line is offering to the beach while we are in Barbados. Clear water, bar or bathroom facilities. How far is this from the port. If you have any pics - would greatly appreciate seeing them. Thanks!

If anyone went to this beach in Barbados, please tell me how you liked it. This is the one excursion our cruise line is offering to the beach while we are in Barbados. Clear water, bar or bathroom facilities. How far is this from the port. If you have any pics - would greatly appreciate seeing them. Thanks!

It is a very nice beach with fine sand (no rocks that I saw). The water can be rough but it is shallow for awhile so pretty safe for most. There are some decent restaurants across the street. Maybe 20-30 minutes from the port depending on traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

The east end of Accra Beach is known as Rockley, and there's a beach bar there. It used to be called Bar Kanei and then Sideshore - now I think it's called the Tiki Bar.

If you like snorkeling, there's a reef straight out from the bar, about 150 yards.

Cheers, P:)

• 2 weeks later...