Cat Tavern in Salisbury, England-luggage storage

I wonder if there is any new information or anyone who may have experience, of storing luggage in the tavern during the their post cruise, day tour of Stonehenge.

I read in older posts of helpful locals ,who mentioned that the Tavern accepted luggage storage in the past , but may be not currently.

Is the Cat Tavern a pub/bar establishment with rooms for lodging upstairs?

Does the Tavern accept luggage storage for day trippers who are not their room guests?

Anyone know of other luggage facilities to use in Salisbury or Southampton, during the daytime without checking into a hotel?

Train and Coach stations has no storage facility due to security.

Thanks for all help.

I spoke to the Cat Tavern this-morning.

Yes, they still store luggage, & not just for residents. :)

Price still the same at £4 per bag.

Very convenient for folk who want to break a train journey in Salisbury, and to take the ho-ho to Stonehenge.

Cat Tavern is about 100 yards from the rail station approach.

So take the train to Salisbury, drop your luggage at the tavern, take the Stonehenge ho-from Station Approach (buy you Stonehenge admission tickets from the driver to avoid the ned for timed tickets).

http://www.thestonehengetour.info/

Mebbe - if time permits and the weather is decent - stop off at Old Sarum on the way back, then alight in the historic city centre for Salisbury cathedral. Return to the rail station by ho-ho if the timing is right, or by taxi or local bus or 15-minute walk, collect your luggage & continue your train journey.

If your onward journey is by Nat Express bus, its another 10 minute walk from Cat Tavern to the Nat Express stop.

The Tavern is, with the greatest respect, a little down-market for lodging. But that makes no odds if its just for left-luggage

Not so easy in Southampton.

Grand Harbour stopped providing a left-luggage facility for non-residents a few years ago.

Oceans gift shop in High Street provides left-luggage, but I do wonder how resilient their business is - it folded & re-opened a few doors away after just a year, so it might not be trading by the time you need it. Or mebbe I'm just a pessimist. http://www.oceanssouthampton.com/

Alternatively there's left-luggage at Southampton airport. Inconvenient for Southampton city centre, but it has a rail station (Southampton Parkway) with frequent direct links to Southampton central (10 mins), Winchester (10 mins), London & other places. So depending on where you're travelling from & to, it might be suitable.

http://www.southamptonairport.com/at-the-airport/services-facilities/

JB :)

Re: Cat Tavern

Dear John Bull,the local savior,

Thanks for making the call to Cat Tavern. It is truly very very kind of you!

Thanks for your time , dedication and expertise in helping me and the many inquirers.

(More than 100+ reads in a few hours to this post, so there are many who need the answer.)

Your detailed information/links are tremendously helpful to us all making plans to visit your wonderful country.

What is the operating hours for pubs in Salisbury, particularly for the Cats Tavern to accept luggage in the morning and for retrieval in the evening?

Much appreciations and thanks again.

Theoretically accessible for luggage 8am to 11pm, seven days a week - unlike most pubs it's open for breakfast. But do check the ho-ho start/finish times & frequency, they vary according to the season.

Most pub hours are anywhere between 10am & 11.30am, until 11pm. Some don't open sundays til 12 noon (that used to be the law).

That's true of most pubs in England - whereas Wales was dry all-day on sundays until a few decades ago !!

JB :)

• 11 months later...

I am also looking for a place to store luggage for a few hours. We arrive at Southampton port in the morning and fly from Southampton airport in the late afternoon. As I understand it there is no storage at the railway station which would have been ideal since we will be taking the train to the airport. I tried emailing Oceans a few days ago but have not received a reply.

Is the only option going to the airport, leaving luggage there and then going back into the city again?