What should I do with kids 12,5,9 at our stop here?

reallyexcited

Absolutely do the forts, you don't need an excursion you can easily get to them. Last year my DH and I bought a kite and flew it in the courtyard in front of one of the forts. Many people do this and there are kite vendors right near the forts.

I would definitely recommend the forts too. They are interesting for all ages and have spectacular views.

Depending on your port times you might want to follow this with a taxi to Condado beach to play in the waves. Most kids love this. There is a pharmacy where you can purchase drinks and snacks at the corner of Ashford and Condado streets.

This can also be done by bus (#53 I believe) and will cost .75 per person each way but you will waste more time. You get the bus at the covered bus station not far from the port. Most people will gladly point it out for you.

Absolutely do the forts, you don't need an excursion you can easily get to them. Last year my DH and I bought a kite and flew it in the courtyard in front of one of the forts. Many people do this and there are kite vendors right near the forts.

I was wondering if they actually sold kits at the fort so thank for the information. We sail in 3 weeks and this what I would like to do. I've never flown a kite before so I think it will be fun. We are a group of 14 ages 3 to 60+. This would probably be fun for all of us.

Do you recall the cost of the kites?

How did you get to the forts?

I would definitely recommend the forts too. They are interesting for all ages and have spectacular views.

Depending on your port times you might want to follow this with a taxi to Condado beach to play in the waves. Most kids love this. There is a pharmacy where you can purchase drinks and snacks at the corner of Ashford and Condado streets.

This can also be done by bus (#53 I believe) and will cost .75 per person each way but you will waste more time. You get the bus at the covered bus station not far from the port. Most people will gladly point it out for you.

This will be our second time in Old San Juan. When we went before the ship docked 1pm - 9pm so we didn't bother going to a beach. I don't think the hours this trip is beach worthy either, 7am-2pm.

If some of our guest do want to go to Condado Beach, how much is the taxi fare and how long is the ride?

If some of our guest do want to go to Condado Beach, how much is the taxi fare and how long is the ride?

Condado beach will be less than $15 for up to 4 people. It should take about 10 minutes depending on traffic and lights.

You can hail a cab back. They are plentiful in San Juan.

Make sure you agree on the total price before getting in. They are all calculated by zone and are regulated. Ask to see the chart if you think it doesn't make sense.

Edited by monicajay

I am hoping you post here after your trip! We will be in San Juan in December with our kids 9 and 12, and I'm also trying to figure out what to do. I think we will do a walking tour of OSJ. Let me know hour your kids like it!