Anthem of the Seas Cabin 3186 - any opinions or advice, please.

Hello everyone

If this is not the correct place to post would you please redirect me? We have been offered Cabin 3186 (I) on Deck 3 of Anthem of the Seas (Southern Caribbean) leaving from Cape Liberty for 12 nights. (......... and are really very excited at the prospect!)

If anyone knows about this particular cabin/facilities we'll be really pleased to hear any experiences, opinions or advice.

We'd love to have our own tea making facilities in the cabin but realise this may not be possible. We managed to see other cabins on line but not this one. The ones we could access were on other decks and some had tea making facilities in the cabins. (? Possibly the more expensive ones on other decks.)

Does anyone know if tea making facilities are available in Cabin 3186. We understand that cabin service would be available although (as tea drinkers) it would be good to be able to make our own. Americans really enjoy their coffee and we feel the same about our cup of tea!

We hope to visit Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts as well as enjoying time on the ship.

Any advice or opinions will be really welcome. Again, if this is not the best place to post would you please redirect me?

I didn't know until I logged in today (8.20 am local time in Scotland) that I was listed as 'A Cool Cruiser!'

Thank you.

Crimson60

Sorry I think I was in 3168 which is an ocean view accessible cabin. There are no tea or coffee makers in the insides or ocean views. You can order continental breakfast from room service at no charge. The cabin provides easy access to the elevators. It's on the same deck as the music hall. I loved the location only being a short walk from the action on decks 4 & 5. There is a cool box that was empty upon arrival. The sofa is very hard and I would not recommend it for taking naps. Lots of storage - 2 closets.

Hopes this helps and I apologize again for the cabin mix up. Enjoy Anthem!!!

Sorry I think I was in 3168 which is an ocean view accessible cabin. There are no tea or coffee makers in the insides or ocean views. You can order continental breakfast from room service at no charge. The cabin provides easy access to the elevators. It's on the same deck as the music hall. I loved the location only being a short walk from the action on decks 4 & 5. There is a cool box that was empty upon arrival. The sofa is very hard and I would not recommend it for taking naps. Lots of storage - 2 closets.

Thanks very much for replying. That's all helpful information and I really appreciate your reply. Cabin 3168 is only about eight cabins along on the same side.

Crimson60

Edited by Crimson60

For RC cruises based out of the US, you would normally need to have a Junior Suite or better to have a tea kettle.

Thanks very much Bob. That's good to know. It won't put us off looking forward to the cruise. Our first, and only previous, cruise was also with Royal Caribbean and was on Freedom of the Seas and we are hoping for the same happy and really interesting time again.

Crimson60

Edited by Crimson60

Thanks very much Bob. That's good to know. It won't put us off looking forward to the cruise. Our first, and only previous, cruise was also with Royal Caribbean and was on Freedom of the Seas and we are hoping for the same happy and really interesting time again.

Crimson60

I forgot to mention that when RC cruises out of Southampton, they put kettles in every stateroom.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are considering a day room, contact Extended Stay America in Elizabeth directly. This would be the cheapest hotel right at Jersey Gardens Mall that might possibly offer a day room. Any hotel that is not on International Blvd in Elizabeth will not be convenient to Jersey Gardens Mall. You will end up riding a shuttle back to the P4 Airtrain Station to transfer to another shuttle back to your hotel where your luggage is stored.

Renting a car could be your best option overall.

Airtrain map - https://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/ewr-airtrain-brochure-english.pdf

Big picture map - https://www.panynj.gov/air-cargo/ewr-map.html Jersey Gardens Mall would be near Turnpike exit 13 A in the lower right corner of this map. Very close to the rental cars at the P1, P2,and P3 Airtrain stations.

Thanks very much for replying 138east. Unfortunately we'd not be brave enough to hire a car in USA. Thank you for the suggestions about the day hotel - I'll look at the links you have so helpfully given, thank you.

Crimson

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, Tee & Chilli said:

Hi Tea & Chilli,

I know I'm a touch late looking at the dates on this thread but we've just booked on Anthem of the Seas and been allocated room 3168 which is the accessible oceanview you say you have photos of...

If you still have the photos could you please email them to me?

scottirvine262@gmail.com

Thank you!