recent average per diem

meow!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2520818

Average per day for a B1 (because that's what I look at first) looking forward only...

O ships:

Marina $467 (over 637 days)

Riviera $457 (over 632 days)

R ships:

Insignia $444 (over 696 days)

Nautica $516 (over 661 days)

Regatta $469 (over 666 days)

Sirena $415 (over 660 days)

I don't think there's a lot of difference between O and R ships. There is a lot of difference based on where those ships are sailing, though. So in those stats above, Sirena is very low because it has a lot of itineraries in the Caribbean. Conversely, Nautica is high because it's always in Europe or the Far East.

I think the results would be relatively the same for any cabin category that has an equivalent on all six ships.

The above information for Oceania is very interesting. Does anyone have similar numbers for Silversea? Oceania looks around $450 per diem for their standard balcony. Silversea standard verandah is like Oceania standard mini-suite (PH3), at 1.675 x the standard balcony fare. Using the same ratio just for calculation, the basic verandah for Silversea would be around $750 per diem. We have the feeling that Silversea's average per diem will be lower than that. Any ideas?

Edited by meow!

While I don't have any insight into the data, I wonder how they account for fluctuating prices in the data? For example, when we booked the Muse in Jan '16 for a fall '17 voyage, the per diem without an early booking or on board discounts was $574 for the highest class Veranda; "Deluxe". Today, that same suite on the same voyage is being offered at $918 which works out to a +60% increase. Needless to say, we are very, very glad we booked all of those many moons ago.

I don't know! Perhaps Oceania, with no new ship through the last eight years, has not seen such large swings in fares through the past year. From their article (quoted link at the top), they seem to have credible data.

P.S. Just for comparison, we found the Silver Spirit's Caribbean fare to be grossly cheap. For example, 11 days, Fort Lauderdale return on January 18 - 29, 2918, basic verandah (376 sq,ft,) at $4050 or $368 per diem.

Oceania Riviera 14 days, January 23 to February 6, 2018, basic balcony stateroom (282 sq,ft,) at $4799 or $342 per diem, while their basic mini-suite (420 sq.ft.) at $6299 or $450 per diem.

P.S. Just for comparison, we found the Silver Spirit's Caribbean fare to be grossly cheap. For example, 11 days, Fort Lauderdale return on January 18 - 29, 2918, basic verandah (376 sq,ft,) at $4050 or $368 per diem.

Oceania Riviera 14 days, January 23 to February 6, 2018, basic balcony stateroom (282 sq,ft,) at $4799 or $342 per diem, while their basic mini-suite (420 sq.ft.) at $6299 or $450 per diem.

we are on the shadow voyage 3726(transpacific)and got a verandah, 100sft bigger, tub and shower plus open bar 24/7 for $4725, 14 days. $337.50 per day... is there really any comparison?

While I don't have any insight into the data, I wonder how they account for fluctuating prices in the data? For example, when we booked the Muse in Jan '16 for a fall '17 voyage, the per diem without an early booking or on board discounts was $574 for the highest class Veranda; "Deluxe". Today, that same suite on the same voyage is being offered at $918 which works out to a +60% increase. Needless to say, we are very, very glad we booked all of those many moons ago.

Similar story on our Spirit eastern med cruise next April which has virtually doubled in price for our veranda. I wouldn't entertain the new prices - so yes lucky we booked when we had while getting ready to disembark 3 months ago. That said, at the time of the hike last month, I was told they were 80% capacity (and selling well). When I last looked every category was wait listed... proving they do sell I guess even at inflated prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are on the shadow voyage 3726(transpacific)and got a verandah, 100sft bigger, tub and shower plus open bar 24/7 for $4725, 14 days. $337.50 per day... is there really any comparison?

if you compare your Silver Shadow transpacific to Oceania Marina transatlantic, 14 days, April, 2019, you get for a basic balcony cabin (roughly 100 sq.ft. smaller) $3999/14 = $286 per diem. How does that look?

Similar story on our Spirit eastern med cruise next April which has virtually doubled in price for our veranda. ..... at the time of the hike last month, I was told they were 80% capacity (and selling well)......

Does that mean Silversea's market recovery has been better than other lines, like Oceania?

if you compare your Silver Shadow transpacific to Oceania Marina transatlantic, 14 days, April, 2019, you get for a basic balcony cabin (roughly 100 sq.ft. smaller) $3999/14 = $286 per diem. How does that look?

but no "open bar" and more people. the bar on Oceania, if you pick that option, is only for lunch and dinner service. if you add the premium bar option at $59 pp per day the cost comes out to about the same ...BUT the room is 33% smaller. i still dont think i would pick Oceania.

When I last looked every category was wait listed... proving they do sell I guess even at inflated prices.
Thanks for sharing Les.

On our upcoming Muse voyage, all categories were also wait listed. Once the magical 120-day cancellation date passed, all veranda categories opened back up with availability. I assume this was because many folks cancelled in order to avoid cancellation fees. So, at this point, the only suites wait listed are the Silver Suites and above. Personally, I can only dream of being in a Silver Suite someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk