Which waterproof camera to buy?

Megn2414

I'm trying to figure out which underwater or waterproof camera to purchase for my upcoming cruise to the caribbean. I don't want to spend more than $200. But I still want to be able to take good quality pictures both above and under water. Can anyone recommend a good camera? Also, I would love to see some examples of pictures you've taken both underwater and above with your camera.

Megan, there are a few threads in this section and also in the Scuba and Snorkeling section for this topic. It might be easier for you to wander through those first since I think you will find what you are looking for.

With that said, I just purchased the Liquid Image Mask/Camera for $120 since I don't need a camera above water. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Steve

As Steve said there is a lot of information in the forum on these cameras. Most of the good ones cost more than $200 however I know there are cheaper ones out there. Ck on Amazon, I have seen some refurbished Nikons Aw110's out there for say $150.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A good roundup: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3436829389/dpreview-recommends-best-waterproof-cameras

I'm trying to figure out which underwater or waterproof camera to purchase for my upcoming cruise to the caribbean. I don't want to spend more than $200. But I still want to be able to take good quality pictures both above and under water. Can anyone recommend a good camera? Also, I would love to see some examples of pictures you've taken both underwater and above with your camera.