jewel of the seas cabin 1590

pd353n453

Hello everyone. Has anyone stayed in cabin 1590 on Jewel of the Seas? I read something about it being a noisy cabin. Can anyone comment on this? We are sailing on October 29th out of Boston for a 14 day and wondered about this noise issue.

Thanks so much!

Can't imagine why it would be any noisier than any other cabin....there are cabins on either side and below....the pool deck is above, but we've never had a noise issue from the pool. Perhaps whoever had it that thought it was noisy had noisy neighbors....location doesn't have much to do with that!

However, it will be a LOOOOOONG walk....those hallways are much longer than they appear in the deck plans!!

cb at sea

Thanks for the information. The person mentioned that the kitchen crew in the windjammer were noisy at night. Hoping it's not an issue. It seems the cabins are pretty sound proof. I called to see about changing cabins and it looks like the sailing is booked! I am guessing it won't be an issue but, just a little nervous. Thanks again. :)

I don't mean this in a negative way, but you might want to pack some ear plugs just in case you do have an issue. I always pack some (just in case!).

And if you haven't already, check out www.cruisedeckplans.com and use the "drag decks" feature at the bottom of the site after you select your ship, and see what you think.

Happy Cruising....

I don't mean this in a negative way, but you might want to pack some ear plugs just in case you do have an issue. I always pack some (just in case!).

And if you haven't already, check out www.cruisedeckplans.com and use the "drag decks" feature at the bottom of the site after you select your ship, and see what you think.

Happy Cruising....

Wow - that 'drag decks' is a great feature - thanks for pointing it out! :)

With regard to being below a kitchen/galley what we have found is that the kitchen floors are tiled, and they push carts with dishes and utensils along the floors during the night. It makes a heck of a racket as the cart hits the groves between the tiles. This is a worst case senario, but I would pack ear plugs. :o

Yes, thanks to a fellow CC poster, I find that webiste feature to be an awesome tool for deciding on what cabin you do or do not want. And like I said, regardless of if you think it's a good cabin or not - bring ear plugs. Even when you stay in a hotel, you just never know. So they are a good thing to have when you travel period....

cb at sea

Thanks for the information. The person mentioned that the kitchen crew in the windjammer were noisy at night. Hoping it's not an issue. It seems the cabins are pretty sound proof. I called to see about changing cabins and it looks like the sailing is booked! I am guessing it won't be an issue but, just a little nervous. Thanks again. :)

Cabins are not sound proof, at least none that I have been in.

I was under the Windjammer dining area once on a different RCL ship. Five in the morning, they are dragging tables and chairs around to clean up, etc. Near the galley is also quite noisy.

Always check the deck plan for the deck above you and do your homework.

Archived