Captain's Suite, Premium Balcony question

jam82

Can anyone tell me about the Captain's Suite? How many square feet? Is it worth the extra money? Pictures?

I'm also interested in the premium balcony cabins. What is the difference between the vista and the other premium balcony cabins? Is the cabin itself bigger than a standard cabin? Does the couch pull into a bed or can you put a roll away in there and still have floor space if the main bed is made as a king? I have a small child, so an upper is not an option.

There is only one ship that has the Captains suite and that is the Liberty. These two (one on each side) are directly over the bridge. By far the largest suites on a non-fantasy ship. There used to be some pictures here of these. Might want to check on Youtube.

I've been in 9199 recently and loved it!

It's a fantastic room. The view through the front windows is absolutely amazing. The balcony is very nice. When arriving or leaving a port there are some people on the deck above. But while cruisin' it is a very private place. In the front there's almost no wind at all, at the aft side of the balcony it is a bit windy when you stand there, but never too much.

Friends have warned me that it might be too noisy up there, since it's the Lido deck. But you don't hear anything from pool side. You also don't hear the engines. Just the waves.

It's a perfect cabin IMHO and should be on all ships.

I've been in 9199 recently and loved it!

It's a fantastic room. The view through the front windows is absolutely amazing. The balcony is very nice. When arriving or leaving a port there are some people on the deck above. But while cruisin' it is a very private place. In the front there's almost no wind at all, at the aft side of the balcony it is a bit windy when you stand there, but never too much.

Friends have warned me that it might be too noisy up there, since it's the Lido deck. But you don't hear anything from pool side. You also don't hear the engines. Just the waves.

It's a perfect cabin IMHO and should be on all ships.

Totally agree. I am jealous, been on the Liberty 3 times and loved her each time. Would go again just to try this room.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in cabin 9199 on the Liberty back in October. It was fantastic!! We had 3 adults and a child in the room and had more than enough room! The windows looking out of the front of the ship were so cool! Everytime we were pulling in to port we would stand there to watch the ship arrive. The balcony was huge and very nice as well. However the deck was very HOT. Both bathrooms were fantastic it was great for getting ready in the evening. The VIP embarkation was a nice perk too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived