Queen Victoria Naming Ceremony

babyguk

Hi all,

This might be the stupidest question ever asked on CC, but I will give it a go.

I am attending the naming ceremony of Queen Victoria on Dec 10th and am unsure about what to wear. Are we men OK to wear a suit or is black tie the order of the day? I am still awaiting the itinerary details from Cunard, but they have advised that it will all arrive in the next couple of days. I am uncertain of what to expect from the whole pomp of this ceremony, but assume it will be another great moment of our time; so if any of you have been to such an event, it would be great to know what to expect from Cunard for this day.

Thanx

Al

Oh don't worry. There have been considerably sillier questions asked on this august site.

My current favourite is "can I drink the water in Europe?".........

Matthew

PS Sorry I can't answer the question. But how did you get such a prized invitation?

Hi all,

I am attending the naming ceremony of Queen Victoria on Dec 10th and am unsure about what to wear. Are we men OK to wear a suit or is black tie the order of the day? I am still awaiting the itinerary details from Cunard, but they have advised that it will all arrive in the next couple of days. I am uncertain of what to expect from the whole pomp of this ceremony, but assume it will be another great moment of our time; so if any of you have been to such an event, it would be great to know what to expect from Cunard for this day.

Thanx

Al

Isn't the ceremony during the day? If not a suit, wouldn't it be a morning suit rather than a dinner jacket/black tie? I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

And congratulations Al! What a lucky fellow you are. Think you could take some pictures for us and post them here? You would have an instant fan club, I promise. And of course, a picture of your resplendent self should be in there, too.

Insofar as these "ceremonies" are done outside, I'd suggest a nice topcoat if you tend towards chilliness. The rest of the events in the evening are on the ship.. and are formal.

Prince Phillip wore a suit to the QM2's late afternoon naming ceremony.

The answer is a dark suit-not a morning suit or tux, just a plain dark suit, .

there are a lot of ways to get to the ceremony-there is also a comp to get tickets as well

mathew I would have thought you would top of the line there

rob

Im still awaiting mine !!! :p

There again i am on the Christmas and New Year Maidan voyage !!! :D :eek:

Gav :cool:

Archived