Evening Shows

alexgee

Hi There

Just wanting to know if anyone knows how long the shows in the evening run - the ones in the main showroom. I have an elderly person in my party and am not sure if they can sit through more than an hour, just want to prepare alternate plans if necessary. Thanks for any insight!

Hi There

Just wanting to know if anyone knows how long the shows in the evening run - the ones in the main showroom. I have an elderly person in my party and am not sure if they can sit through more than an hour, just want to prepare alternate plans if necessary. Thanks for any insight!

Which ship???? On the QM2, the evening show is usually about an hour. If you have concerns about someone in your party, you might try to get a seat in an area where you could easily leave if the person needed to. However, those are the seats which normally go first, so you would need to get to the show earlier to get one of those seats.

Beth

Hi There

Dear Alexgee,

The shows we have seen on the QM2 have been about 45-50minutes long. After the show, the Cruise Director usually comes out after the preformers leave the stage and may make some statement about the rest of the activities onboard that evening. He may also add some information about the following days arrival at a port.

During this time the Showroom is still dark till he leaves the stage. Then the house lights are turned on and all starts to depart the theater.

Hope this information helps you.

I haven't been on this ship, but in general, you can come and go as you please during the shows. Don't feel obligated to sit through the whole thing if you want to leave early. Just try to sit somewhere that you can leave with a minimum amount of disturbance to others. Not a problem. :)

I fully agree with beth here, they run around 45 to 1 hour , great fun but can be a bit long after a meal.

why not pop in and ask someone in charge to reserve you an aisle seat near the back, you get a great view and if your relative needs to leave you wont disturb any one.

I am sure they will do all they can to help you and make you welcome and enjoy the shows.

rob

You may wish to try the upper level. They also have handicapped seating up there so one could stay in a wheelchair or on their scooter and there is seating for others in the party.

My husband uses a scooter onboard but leaves it in this area and we get to a seat near the top. The only problem with the aisle seating if one is not able-bodied is that others have to climb over you to get to their seats. It would be a good idea for one in the party to get there early and reserve an aisle seat and then have all arrive nearer to showtime.

The handicapped seating area is really nice and no one would know if you were leaving. Love that ship!:)

Archived