Azura - 28th August

juenux

Hi we have never been on a cruise so thinking of doing 5 nights on 28th August with PO cruises.

I have loads of questions!

How good is the Azura for a 10 year old?

Is there a formal night onboard a 5 nighter?

Are there things to do close to amsterdam and le havre that are suitable for kids and we could do ourselves?

What currency onboard?

Do I need Select?

How much are gratuities?

I'm really excited but have scared myself by reading about very rough seas and I'm afraid of heights so worried about that too lol.

TIA x

Hi Juenux, can only respond on a few of your questions.

I think there will just be one formal night on a five night cruise.

No currency on board. You register a card at embarkation and you get a cruise card that you charge everything to. It works really well.

We have always booked Select as I like to chose time of dining and cabin. If you are not bothered Saver may be for you.

Gratuities last Sept were £5.50 per adult per day, not sure whether this applies to children.

My advice is just go for it. Azura is a lovely ship, staff were brilliant, food was very good, although we only used the restaurants, not the buffet. We are back on her in May and next February. Enjoy.

Been on Azura with my daughter when she was 10 and she absolutely loved it. Loads of things for her to do.

If you have concerns about height or sea sickness etc, then I would suggest book a select fare - it will let you choose the cabin. Usually cabins towards the middle of the ship are more stable. The operator who helped me book my cruise was really helpful

10 years old is a great age for a child on a cruise if they like children's club. A 10 year old would be in the 8 to 12 year old club. My son loved club at that age and never wanted to leave the ship when in port.

All purchases are made against your cabin account and are in Pounds Sterling.

I suggest you book the cruise and try it out. Will be very surprised if you don't have a great time.

hi juenux

i was like you when we booked our first cruise ( last january to the caneries.. when we got to the port at southampton and saw VENTURA i was gobsmacked, in awe at the size of it. i was also worried about being sick, but took advice of someone on here and bought some STURGEON TABLETS, and they worked for me. i was not sick or ill all the 2 weeks. we truly enjoyed it, so much so we have booked to go to the caribbean in december for 2 weeks, as it is our 70 ths and golden wedding all in the same week. so enjoy. lynn