Question for nolatravelgirl

thmpsn

Will be sailing on the Equinox and docking in New Orleans for Mardi Gras 2017. Have read that there are restaurants that offer a package with parade viewing from their balcony and food. Are you familiar with any of these packages? Would you be able to give me any info concerning these type of packages? We are considering buying a parade viewing package, but would rather do a restaurant type package instead of bleachers.

Thanks for any info on this question.

Karon

there are restaurants that give restaurant and bathroom access but don't have a reviewing stand and then there are the all inclusives that include everything but be prepared to pay big bucks per day for that privilege. You will also pay more for "big" parade days.

For example Zea's on St. Charles includes food, table in the restaurant, buffet all day, bathroom access and one complimentary cocktail. On Bacchus Sunday it is $135 per adult and $65 per kid. They do not have reviewing stands.

If you want reviewing stands included then you could do Avenue Gallery (previously Michauls) which is closer to the cruise port. This includes food, drink and reviewing stands, but again you will pay dearly. Bacchus Sunday is $225 per adult and $105 per kid.

Our family does Zea's simply because we don't mind watching the parade "on the street" since we bring our ladders, chairs, etc. and enjoy interacting with the people around us. I recognize that $135pp may be out of some people's budget, but it fits our needs.

• 8 months later...
there are restaurants that give restaurant and bathroom access but don't have a reviewing stand and then there are the all inclusives that include everything but be prepared to pay big bucks per day for that privilege. You will also pay more for "big" parade days.

For example Zea's on St. Charles includes food, table in the restaurant, buffet all day, bathroom access and one complimentary cocktail. On Bacchus Sunday it is $135 per adult and $65 per kid. They do not have reviewing stands.

If you want reviewing stands included then you could do Avenue Gallery (previously Michauls) which is closer to the cruise port. This includes food, drink and reviewing stands, but again you will pay dearly. Bacchus Sunday is $225 per adult and $105 per kid.

Our family does Zea's simply because we don't mind watching the parade "on the street" since we bring our ladders, chairs, etc. and enjoy interacting with the people around us. I recognize that $135pp may be out of some people's budget, but it fits our needs.

Hi nolatravelgirl,

Thanks for your comments. I see Zea's has great reviews but that the St. Charles Ave location has closed! Have you ever tried the Avenue Gallery?

regards,

denise

Hi nolatravelgirl,

Thanks for your comments. I see Zea's has great reviews but that the St. Charles Ave location has closed! Have you ever tried the Avenue Gallery?

regards,

denise

Yes Zea's just closed and I am so bummed as we are going to have to find a different spot for Mardi Gras. I will keep you posted on my research.