Seeking feedback on two cruises

db075

Hello. My mom and I are considering two cruises this summer in June - ncl jade Greece, turkey, Adriatic 14 night or Holland America eurodam 12 night Norway and Scottish highlands. We have been on ncl before but never hal( have also been on Disney, royal Caribbean, carnival and celebrity). Looking for feedback about the ports of call and Hal as a cruise line.

Thank you!

Going to both sets of ports for the first time this year so can't help you on that. And, one of those cruises will be my first on NCL. I have cruised HAL and I'm very happy with them. You won't find things like a hairy chest contest on HAL. What you will find is quality speakers, better food, an older but still active and fun crowd.

Hello. My mom and I are considering two cruises this summer in June - ncl jade Greece, turkey, Adriatic 14 night or Holland America eurodam 12 night Norway and Scottish highlands. We have been on ncl before but never hal( have also been on Disney, royal Caribbean, carnival and celebrity). Looking for feedback about the ports of call and Hal as a cruise line.

Thank you!

I have not sailed on the Eurodam but I have my photographic tour of the Nieuw Amsterdam which is almost identical:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/

I have cruised on both HAL and NCL. I see this two cruise lines as pretty different.

Does not sound like you have been on HAL, so I will tell you how it differs from NCL. It is a more traditional cruise line, has both anytime dining and a taditional set time for dinner. NCL only has anytime dinner, no set time, no assigned tables in the MDR. HAL has formal nights, NCL formal nights are optional.

HAL generally would cost more than NCL. I feel the food and service in the MDR and buffet are better on HAL than NCL.

We have been on the NCL Jade recently and HAL's - Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Westerdam in recent years. Cabins, are similar... we usually book a mini suite. HAL cabins all have bath tubs vs showers.

Ref the ports of call. We have done many Mediterranean cruises over the years... anywhere in the Mediterranean is fantastic... we done a few TAs with stops in England, Ireland and Scotland... ports of call are equally interesting but different than the Mediterranean. Suggest you visit ports of call boards for more information on the ports you are considering.

Happy cruising...