Brewers Bay Question

FraudBroad

We will be in Tortola next month and wanted to spend the day at Brewers Bay. Our port times have now been changed and we arrive at 7:00 in the morning and the ship leaves at 3:00. If we head off the ship and to the beach at 7:00 will anything be open for chair rentals?

Many thanks,

Natalie

Waters can be murky ...do watch for fish with teeth ......you know the kind ...big big teeth ...."..saw one ...big one ....did not bother me ....that day there were 10000s@little fish everywhere .....pelicans having a feast ...o ne dove next to my son who only saw the beak flop in ...his reaction was hysterical ...i laughed so hard ..poor kid got scared out of his boots

The wAter was so murky

The beach is postcatd gorgeous ....lots of palm trees ..go early not too many chairs available

Enjoy

Must've been sea swells that day Michele. For a gorgeous beach we love Smuggler's Cove, but no amenities except a portapotty so that only works if you have a lunch and your own snorkel gear...

How do you get to Smugglers cove ??

Is it good snorkeling ?

We have snorkell stuff ..can carry towels to lay down ..what about transportation to and from ?

Actually it was very calm just teeming with little fish ...never saw so many so water was very murkey ...my toothy friend was under me near the rocks ......he swam away my instinct when I saw this huge blue shadow was to stop moving ...he swam away ...no mistaking his tail ......

Next time we went another snorkeler saw one very near shore .....i never went back in .....

However swam with lots of Sharks in French Polynesia and was never scared ...go figure

I was told murky waters can be dangerous because sharks cannot see us as non edibles ..the water in F P is crystal clear gorgeous

Edited by mmemichele

:)

Smuggler's is closer to the West End past Long Bay, the road (Belmont) is unpaved and bumpy beyond Long Bay and taxi fare is about $12 - 14pp each way for 2 ppl. You'd need the driver to return for you.

We haven't snorkeled Smuggler's and have just had friends tell us they liked it. For us it's the beach and view and the fact that it's more secluded.

Most drivers will be sure to have anther driver return for you if they are busy, if they forgot that would be a problem though...

You could walk back to the Long Bay resort anc call a taxi but that's a fair walk in hot weather...

So BB is a much better option for day visitors...

there will be taxis waiting. our driver asked what time we wanted to return and would not let me pay him until the return trip. when we walked off the beach one of the drivers asked if we needed a taxi. I told him we were supposed to meet the driver there (I called him by his name which I can't remember) and he said ," On he's right over here" and so he was.

If we got a taxi from pier would it take us for a drive around to see the island first before dropping us at Brewer's Bay or is this something we should have organised before hand?

There are drivers at the dock offering island tours at very reasonable group rates with a beach stop or dropping you at a beach so no need to pre-book anything.