Need help with departure port

hippyman

I'm trying to book a cruise to the Panama Canal, in either September or October 2015. I would like to leave from either a Texas port, or New Orleans. In other words, somewhere I would be able to get to fairly quick. Can anyone help me out with this? All I seem to be able to find are cruises leaving from the West coast or East coast.

I can't explain why, but don't remember hearing about any Canal cruise departing from Texas or NOLA.

Note that in September and October, ships are returning to the Caribbean from Alaska (and Europe ), not sailing from the Caribbean through the Canal.

I can't explain why, but don't remember hearing about any Canal cruise departing from Texas or NOLA.

Note that in September and October, ships are returning to the Caribbean from Alaska (and Europe ), not sailing from the Caribbean through the Canal.

I may be wrong(haven't planned a cruise in years), but I could have sworn that Celebrity, and maybe Windstar had some ships going to the Canal, from Texas. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I looked at Windstar and the only Canal cruises that I saw were 7 day trips Colon to the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Nothing from the Gulf on Celebrity, just FL to CA and back. In fact this Canal "season" Celebrity has fewer Canal cruises than in previous years.

I'm trying to book a cruise to the Panama Canal, in either September or October 2015. I would like to leave from either a Texas port, or New Orleans. In other words, somewhere I would be able to get to fairly quick. Can anyone help me out with this? All I seem to be able to find are cruises leaving from the West coast or East coast.

This one is going the wrong direction, but winds up in Texas...

Disney Wonder

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Fri Oct 23 San Diego, CA 4:00pm

Sat Oct 24 At Sea

Sun Oct 25 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 7:30am 3:30pm

Mon Oct 26 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 10:30am 3:30pm

Tue Oct 27 At Sea

Wed Oct 28 At Sea

Thu Oct 29 At Sea

Fri Oct 30 At Sea

Sat Oct 31 Panama Canal (Full Transit) (Cruising)

Sun Nov 1 Cartagena, Colombia 9:30am 5:30pm

Mon Nov 2 At Sea

Tue Nov 3 At Sea

Wed Nov 4 Cozumel, Mexico 8:00am 3:30pm

Thu Nov 5 At Sea

Fri Nov 6 Galveston, TX 8:30am