Seoul on a Sunday

RTLS

Our cruise in 2015 arrives Incheon on a Sunday and, as we have a reasonably long day there, ( 9am to 9pm) we decided to go it alone taking a taxi to the local station and then subway into Seoul where we would first take the Hop on/off Bus.

I'm wondering whether anyone knows if subway service would be limited on a Sunday?

A while back I read a great trip report about all of this and thought I had it aced. Unfortunately I've somehow lost my notes so any additional help regarding the journey from the port to Seoul and any additional thoughts you have would be very, very appreciated.

You will have no problems in Seoul with the subway on a Sunday. There is less service, but this is a change of minutes. You will find that it may still be crowded at times, but the service is constant, and will get you anywhere in the city that you want.

You will have no problems in Seoul with the subway on a Sunday. There is less service, but this is a change of minutes. You will find that it may still be crowded at times, but the service is constant, and will get you anywhere in the city that you want.

Thank you for your help and for putting my mind at rest. Would you happen to know where would be best to get off the subway in order to take the Hop on/off bus?

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in Japan and China and are wondering if the weather is hot can you wear shorts most places? Never? Temples?

Thanks

I cannot answer with accuracy about China, but shorts are fine in Japan for touring shrines/temples/sightseeing spots. As the Japanese generally only wear shorts when hiking or at the beach, you may stand out a bit, but the important thing is to be cool and comfortable, especially if you are not used to the heat.

Kate

• 4 weeks later...

the subway station you want is gwanghwamun, it is the closest to the main Tourist Info Center where the bus routes start, but you can buy tickets on the bus anywhere it stops.

(We live in Seoul. :) )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the subway station you want is gwanghwamun, it is the closest to the main Tourist Info Center where the bus routes start, but you can buy tickets on the bus anywhere it stops.

(We live in Seoul. :) )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for jumping in.

Much appreciated!