Butts up!

CuseJeff44

Oh my god! Someone had the nerve to violate the MDR dress code by wearing a thong on formal night !

I'm just kidding.

So has anyone else ever used Butts Up for a tubing excursion in Belize? They seem highly reviewed, but we've always been leery of using a non rccl excursion company and possibly missing the boat.

Any thoughts on this one?

We used VIV Tours and had an excellent experience. This is the review I left on TripAdvisor:

We highly recommend this excursion. The hour van ride out to the site was educational and entertaining. Kareem is not only knowledgeable about the area and his country, but he just seems to be a happy person. He was fun to be around. His passion for his country was a plus. A good guide makes all the difference. We noticed other groups trudging through the forest with very quiet guides. Later, I heard some people saying they wished they'd been in our group. I'm sure it was also because we didn't have to carry our tubes! VIV has them waiting up by the river. We only had to carry them for a couple of minutes (instead of 30) but it was enough for us to realize that it was a very good thing not to have to carry them!

Another difference we noticed was that our group didn't get out when we came out of the caves like the other groups were doing. We went an additional distance down the river (about a mile, I think). That part of the experience was also enjoyable and relaxing. Just basic river rafting.

Visited April 2014

No, I haven't been on a western for a few years.l However I was on an outside excursion last month in St Lucia... We were a bit concerned too especially because it was a 6.5 hr tour and for that stop all of RCCLs excursions were 4.5 hours tops.

The night before we arrived in St Lucia we talked about it and realized these people make their living doing these tours. We picked them because they were highly recommended on several travel sites.

At the end of the tour we still had over an hour before we had to be back at the ship, he gave us the option of either doing some shopping or going back to the ship....

I would say if they have good reviews, trust it. I know RCCL says they wont wait for you but when we were worried that my stepson and friend didnt make it to dinner, didnt answer their phone or door, we went to guest services. There was a long line and a staff member going down the line seeing if he could help with questions. We said we arent sure if my stepson made it on board at the last stop or not, He grabbed my hand and said that is an emergency!! we need to check. He asked for the cabin number and said both of them got on at xx time. When you see them feel free to tell them they worried me too! heavy sleepers...

I have used "Butts Up" (Cave-tubing dot com) a couple years ago. We had a GREAT time doing the ATV/Cave tubing combo with plenty of time to spare to get back to the ship. I really can't say anything negative about the excursion at all. As a matter of fact, the wife and I are headed to Belize again in May and this was the first excursion we booked (zip line/Cave tubing combo this time). We received a conformation email almost immediately with a schedule ensuring we'll make it back to the ship on time. Book with confidence, you'll love it!