Silly traffic question from West Palm to FLL -1st Saturday In December

oldmom

I always think the traffic from West Palm Beach to FLL on I-95 is the worst part

of our trip! It is always somewhat stressful-always busy, bumper to bumper all lanes packed, everyone driving 10 mph over speed limit,or a wreck or something usually happens. Just wanted to know since we are traveling down on a Saturday-Dec. 3rd-will I-95 traffic be more congested than usually since it will be a "Christmas " shopping Saturday? Are there malls close to I-95 that can snarl traffic on that route more than usual ? My husband does all the driving and he refuses to ever use the turnpike. Should we plan on it taking longer than normal to get to FLL from Savannah,GA. Hopping to get there early enough on Saturday to do something fun.We usually leave very early in the morning. Thanks-Melinda- We love FLL. Would love to come down on Friday-but my husband has limited vacation days-I have lots.:D

I always think the traffic from West Palm Beach to FLL on I-95 is the worst part

of our trip! It is always somewhat stressful-always busy, bumper to bumper all lanes packed, everyone driving 10 mph over speed limit,or a wreck or something usually happens. Just wanted to know since we are traveling down on a Saturday-Dec. 3rd-will I-95 traffic be more congested than usually since it will be a "Christmas " shopping Saturday? Are there malls close to I-95 that can snarl traffic on that route more than usual ? My husband does all the driving and he refuses to ever use the turnpike. Should we plan on it taking longer than normal to get to FLL from Savannah,GA. Hopping to get there early enough on Saturday to do something fun.We usually leave very early in the morning. Thanks-Melinda- We love FLL. Would love to come down on Friday-but my husband has limited vacation days-I have lots.:D

Saturday traffic shouldn't be too bad unless there is an accident. Yes, it's tourist season, yes, Boca Towne Center is within a mile of I-95, but no reason to worry.

I like the turnpike ,too. But my husband does not- I hate to drive- he does not mind -he drives for a living-(paramedic)-so he always does all the driving when we are together. He thinks it is stupid to use a toll road when I-95 is there-sooooo.Thanks though-maybe I can talk him into it-this trip!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Finely found something on West Palm Beach. Our TA has us flying home after our Holiday Cruise, I believe it is Jan 5,2017 from West Palm Beach. We have never flown into there or Home from there before.

How long does it take to get to that Airport from Port Everglades .? I have been worried and wondering if my worries are unfounded.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.:)

Helen

Edited by hpf

Finely found something on West Palm Beach. Our TA has us flying home after our Holiday Cruise, I believe it is Jan 5,2017 from West Palm Beach. We have never flown into there or Home from there before.

How long does it take to get to that Airport from Port Everglades .? I have been worried and wondering if my worries are unfounded.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.:)

Helen

You have to allow at least an hour, maybe a little more. The 5th is a week day, so allow for moderate to heavy traffic. And you have to determine how you will get from Port Everglades to PBI. Taxi, Uber, shuttle, rental car?

You have to allow at least an hour, maybe a little more. The 5th is a week day, so allow for moderate to heavy traffic. And you have to determine how you will get from Port Everglades to PBI. Taxi, Uber, shuttle, rental car?

Thank you for the information. Our TA thought it should only take 30 - 45 min. so now we at least won't freak out if we are an hour.

Also our TA is supposed to book a car, taxi or something to be there when we depart the ship.

I really appreciate your information, thanks again.

Helen:)

I commute daily on I 95 between Delray Beach and Port Everglades. Depending on traffic, it takes between 35 minutes and an hour. PBI is another 20 minutes up I95, so I would allow 90 minutes, although it will probably take less than an hour. I like to arrive at airports early because I have a lot of anxiety when I travel

Stop stressing. Everything will be fine. I was terrified when I got the new job because I'm a nervous driver and I hate I95, but it's really not so bad. It slows down in certain areas, but it still moves.

I always use Google maps or Waze before I get in the car so I know what to expect.

The turnpike is fine, but getting on/off 595 is tricky, especially when there is traffic. You have to pay close attention and make sure you are in the correct lane.