Navigator Dining Questions, please

This is our first RCCL cruise so please forgive me. Does the Navigator have set dining times like Early and Late in the main dining room? Do you need to arrange this time beforehand with TA? If you have early dining time but are late can you go to Anytime dining? Should we just pick Anytime dining and make a reservation at different times each night depending on planned activities. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

This is our first RCCL cruise so please forgive me. Does the Navigator have set dining times like Early and Late in the main dining room? Do you need to arrange this time beforehand with TA? If you have early dining time but are late can you go to Anytime dining? Should we just pick Anytime dining and make a reservation at different times each night depending on planned activities. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Navigator has both traditional (fixed early and late) and My Time. You would opt for your preference with whoever booked your cruise.

If you are in traditional (fixed) you must go at your designated time. If you can't make it, you cannot go to the MDR that night.

How do you know what time to schedule a reservation at anytime dining so that you will not miss a show? If we make our reservations now how do we know what the show times are?

Shows are usually timed to be convenient for the two traditional dining times, so if you choose times close to those, you should be OK.

Is it better to make dinner reservations for MTD pre-cruise or once you get on boat. If you do it on the date each morning could they be already full or do you have to take what you get?

Makes no difference, I'd do it as early as possible if you are particular about a certain time.

Shows are usually timed to be convenient for the two traditional dining times, so if you choose times close to those, you should be OK.

The shows times are usually convenient to the traditional dining time but getting finished in the MDR by the time the shows start is (based on our experience) hit and miss...and more than likely a "miss the start of the show". In fact, on our last cruise we finished in time to make a show once out of the six days we were in the MDR. Fortunately we had decided to skip the shows anyhow so it wasn't a problem for us...tablemates complained a little but it didn't help.

By the way...our last two cruises have been on Navigator so our experience my be applicable.

Is it better to make dinner reservations for MTD pre-cruise or once you get on boat. If you do it on the date each morning could they be already full or do you have to take what you get?

Seems to me that booking a time in MTD sort defeats the whole idea of anytime dining, we never book just turn up when we want and accept a sharing table, never wait on Celebrity, Princess or P&O, so I am hoping for the same situation on our first RCI cruise this September.