Internet charges on Majesty

Not sure but not cheap and doesn't always work the more time you buy the cheaper it is tho

We only use it on cruises with a number of sea days other times you can get free wifi in most port areas (just follow the crew) or bars and cafes when you buy a drink

• 6 months later...
Can't help with Majesty, but on the Dream last October I am sure it was about £47 for a week (it did have a max usage still)

They don't give anything away on their website:

<snip>

Is Wi-Fi available?

We have internet lounges on all of our ships, as well as designated Wi-Fi zones. Internet access is charged to your cabin account at the rate advertised on board. Mobiles can be used, too, and there are telephones in each cabin, so it’s easy to stay in touch with people back home. If you’re pairing your cruise with a stay in one of our hotels, we’ll let you know which places have free Wi-Fi – just look out for the special logo

<snip>

However, on P&O Azura last winter I paid £130 for 24/7 WiFi (not the streaming option) for 14 days (Whole cruise), so if £47 per week is still current, that is actually cheaper.

We are going to Iceland on P&O this summer and from experience I am expecting to lose coverage in some of the stops surrounded by hills/mountains as in these higher latitudes the satellites are at quite a low angle, this problem I had in Norway when we did the Fjords.

I know WiFi not for everyone, but with my interest in the weather I like to keep an eye on charts and forecasts, not that I can do anything to change it :ship::whiskey-glass:

If anyone has been on Thomson recently and used the WiFi I would be interested to know how much and what the package(s) give you, eg 24/7, limited time per day etc?

Keith (Southend)