1 Day Bermuda Port Call with Horseshoe Bay Beach

MilitaryCrusingFam

We're going to be in Bermuda right after the America's Cup for a one-day port call this July. Typical 9am-5pm stop. Carnival.

There are four of us- two adults, two kids.

Our plan is to spend the entire time at Horseshoe Bay Beach and just relax. I've been pouring over the forum here looking at the transportation options. I've read the lines can get quite long to get back from the beach to the ships.

My plan is to have us take the minibus shuttle to the beach and a taxi back if the lines for the minibus are too long. Does that sound about right? I figure we'll probably head out by 3-3:30, so hoping the lines aren't too long yet. I've read the trip takes around 35 minutes, so 3:30 should also give us plenty of traffic buffer time.

Also, in your experience, what time do those going ashore without an excursion get to disembark in Bermuda?

We're going to be in Bermuda right after the America's Cup for a one-day port call this July. Typical 9am-5pm stop. Carnival.

There are four of us- two adults, two kids.

Our plan is to spend the entire time at Horseshoe Bay Beach and just relax. I've been pouring over the forum here looking at the transportation options. I've read the lines can get quite long to get back from the beach to the ships.

My plan is to have us take the minibus shuttle to the beach and a taxi back if the lines for the minibus are too long. Does that sound about right? I figure we'll probably head out by 3-3:30, so hoping the lines aren't too long yet. I've read the trip takes around 35 minutes, so 3:30 should also give us plenty of traffic buffer time.

Also, in your experience, what time do those going ashore without an excursion get to disembark in Bermuda?

The ships I have been on to Bermuda typically clear in about 30 minutes. Don't have a clue about Carnival.

Your plan is fine although I would leave at 2:30 or 3:00 not 3:30. If departure is at 5 then all aboard is probably 4:30. I don't think you will see lines for the Minibus shuttles. Never have seen lines for them. People might take the taxis instead of the shuttle because they are in a hurry and don't want to wait for the shuttle to fill up. It is the public buses that have had lines.

Are you on the Carnival Sunshine, which will be in Bermuda on Saturday July 8 ? If so, the Anthem of the Seas, carrying more than 4,000 passengers, will be in port the same day. That will put more strain on transportation, so I would be inclined to leave Horseshoe Bay by 2 to 2:30. It may also affect your trip to the beach. Not that you can't do what you're planning, but expect crowds and a lot of competition for seats on the shuttles and taxis.