Pulmonia tours in Mazatlan

debt

Hi,

You can certainly find one when there but if you want someone that has been recommended then probably a good idea to book ahead.

This thread from the Trip Advisor Mazatlan forum has some recommended names and a discussion about them in general. It sounds like they can be hailed on the street like a taxi and you need to negotiate the price before getting in:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150792-i257-k6081120-Pulmonia_Tours-Mazatlan_Pacific_Coast.html#46758108

I can share my experience from three years ago....

When you get off the boat they will shuttle you through the dock area to a tourist terminal. Walk thru that out to the gate and pulmonias are lined up down the block. Driver came to us and said $20 an hour or $50 for the "three hour tour". Sounded good so we hopped in. Welllll, that's about all the English he spoke, so he did a lot of pointing. Took us around town, hotel zone, shrimp market, then to a walmart to get some "supplies".

We had him drop us off at the water taxi terminal near the cruise ship and handed him $60. About $3 for the water taxi over to stone island, and spent rest of the day at Victor's.

Now, because of the absence of most cruise ships for the last few years I can't speak to the current supply of pulmonia's. As mentioned, if you can find a recommendation for a good English speaking driver, I'd certainly try to contact them ahead of time.

You will find plenty of pulmonias at the dock and outside on the street. Don't be in a rush to book until you find a driver who speaks good English. I like Pedro and have known his father since Pedro was a baby, but there are many others who are fluent in English and will be fair with you.