Tell me about Medano Beach in Cabo...

MaiTaiMary

We'll be in Cabo with our three kids, ages 7, 8, and 10. We're looking for things to do in Cabo.

Would Medano beach be a good choice? What is there to do here?

~Is the beach swimmable?

~Are there a lot of places to get something to eat around here?

~Is it "family friendly"?

~How do I get there?

Thanks. :)

We'll be in Cabo with our three kids, ages 7, 8, and 10. We're looking for things to do in Cabo.

~Is the beach swimmable?

~How do I get there?

The beach is usually swimmable unless the surf is high.

Medano is lined with restaurants and bars and they range from wild to mild so you get to choose.

You can get there by walking, land taxi or water taxi.

When your ship anchors at Cabo, you will be facing Medano beach. Most of the "family friendly" places will be to the right.

~Is the beach swimmable?

~How do I get there?

It's a long walk from the cruise dock to Medano. My opinion? Grab a water taxi and view Pelican Rock, Lover's Beach, the sea lions, and Divorce Beach. The water taxi will have food for you and your kids to feed the fish (the fish will actually climb up into your hands for the food.) Your kids will love this!

Rather than have them drop you off at the Marina, ask them to take you to Medano Beach (my suggestion is Tabascos....(far less "college crowd" and extremely kid friendly). You'll have to jump out in knee deep water, but that too, adds to the adventure, and have a great time playing in the ocean and enjoying cheap (and really good) beverages and food. When the time comes to head back to the ship, wander out to the parking lot, and grab a land cab back to the Marina, that way you will be afforded a view of Cabo that you would otherwise miss. The water taxi should be no more than $12US per person (one of the best bargains in Cabo IMHO). The land cab should be $12-14 total for your whole crew.

Have a great time, we love Cabo!

Our family loves Cabo also. The SIL has a timeshare condo there and so we go often. While Mendano Beach has some safe swimming areas. I would be very careful and be sure to follow whatever flags are flying as to the condition of the ocean. Last year...I almost drowned! I got caught in an undertow and twistedmy knee very badly...it took 6 months to heal. It took my DH and a nice woman sitting on the beach to get me to safety. It was very scary. :eek: Be careful when swimming there with children!

Edited by mousey